If you like to craft, somewhere in your home (or many places in your home) is likely awash with yarn, patterns, paints, magazine clippings and various machine manuals. To keep from drowning in buttons and be able to see all the available craft supplies for projects, crafters need to give a little extra attention on organization. Of course, you can craft solutions for your organizational needs and keep it fun! Here are our favorite ideas:
- The Bookbinding Etsy Street Team (AKA Best) has put together a list of box making tutorials. From origami and book boxes to clamshell and drop spine, you are bound to find something that can help you organize.
- A quick and easy tutorial on how to jazz up a boring corkboard with old t-shirts. I love that they used a Super Mario one.
- There are a million great ideas out there for how to decorate a corkboard, but I love especially love this vintage frame by Lisa Tutman-Oglesby. Check out her blog for lots of great organizing ideas. You’ll envy her amazing craft workspace.
- Country Living offers some great ideas for organizing your craft room. I especially like the simple board that could translate well into an “Inspiration board.”
- Are you the kind of person that has to make three trips back into the house because you forgot your car keys/cell phone/wallet? This great little door hanger will be your new best friend! Never forget anything again!
- These fabric boxes are great for storing all types of craft supplies. Use leftover scrap fabric from other projects or make a bunch that coordinate for a cohesive look – perfect, easy solution to your organizing needs.
For my picks, I’ve picked three Guest Contributors at FaveCrafts, who have shared great ideas for getting organized.
- Allison of Petit Elefant shared a project for creating a ribbon and fabric inspiration board. She definitely makes it easy to display your ideas, photos and more.
- Lisa of A Spoonful of Sugar shared a fantastic tutorial for customizing notebooks with fabric. I’d love jotting down ideas in these.
- Elise Bond of Betani’s Bureau shared a tip for how she organizes all the manuls for her crafting equipment. Instead of hunting all over the house when you have to change something, she puts everything at your fingertips. Great idea!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- For the Love of the Granny Stitch: Easy Crochet Hat Pattern - January 9, 2017
- 20 Crochet Beanie Patterns to Get You Through Winter - January 2, 2017
- 9+ Winter Cross Stitch Patterns - December 26, 2016