A homemade apron is usually the first project for those learning how to sew. I remember sewing two reversible aprons in high school home-ec, which I still wear. For this round-up, we’d like to share our 14 favorite free projects for making an apron. Many recycle old jeans or pillow cases to create a handy craft apron!
- This quick and easy apron from A Feathered Nest is quite adorable. I love the wrap around tie.
- This ruffled beauty comes to us from One More Moore. The coordinating fabrics are superb.
- Bari J shares a tutorial for making a simple apron. She creates the most beautiful fabrics! Please visit her blog and click on the apron tutorial in the right column.
- Turn a pillow case into a apron with this tutorial from raina on Craftster.
- Create two aprons in one with a reversible, frilly pattern from Quamut.
- Create a full-coverage apron perfect for bakers with this tutorial from Still Dottie.
- A very extensive step-by-step tutorial for making a pocketed apron is provided by J Caroline Creative.
- I love the girly design on this apron, shared by Happy to be Called Mommy!
- This full length apron from My Byrd House is a clever way to recycle old jeans. You can certainly create your own appliqué like her adorable bird.
- This no-sew apron tutorial from Kleas creates a crafty apron from a pair of old jeans.
- This denim Chef Apron (pdf) features pockets for quick access to cooking utensils.
- This apron from the cottage at frog creek is used for gathering eggs, harvesting vegetables or collecting berries or wildflowers. Unbuttoned, the full length apron is perfect for kneeling in the garden.
- This vintage clothespin apron is a handy tool for those who hang clothes on a line.
- This apron from Creative Little Daisy has five pockets for the organized crafter or seamstress.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- DIY Dorm Room Decorating Ideas - July 27, 2015
- 10 Sorority Gift Ideas for Your Little and Fun DIY Gifts - July 25, 2015
- Link Love: 35 Trendy DIY Jewelry - July 24, 2015