This guest post was written by Heather Valentine from The Sewing Loft.
Today’s green crafting posts are sponsored by Eco Green Crafts! Check out how to enter to win a $25 gift card and you’ll also get a coupon code for 20% off your order!I just love the look of a simply wrapped gift, don’t you?
You know the ones that are not too fussy but still look “put together”.
Well, today is all about simple wrapping!
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- large hole punch
- fun paper (I selected reclaimed children’s books)
- sewing machine
- Select your paper of choice and begin to “punch” away! I just love the colors in this child’s book and thought it perfect for my gift. (it’s going to my brother- baby on the way!!)
- Then head on over to the machine we will just straight stitch these circles all together to make a quick string garland. Since I wanted to add some dimension to my garland, I stitched 2 circles together.
- To start, fold a small square of scrap paper in half and stitch through center; continue to stitch for a few inches. This will give you a tail to attach to the back of the gift or wall for hanging.
- Straight stitch down the center of your circles; space as desired; repeat the process until desired length. For an easy space guide, I used the back of my machine. Don’t forget to leave a few inches for the tail at this end too!
- Once all are stitched together, gently pull each side of the top circle towards the center. Your garland is complete!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 10+ DIY Wedding Gifts Any Bride-to-Be Will Love - May 18, 2015
- Calling All Beach Beauties! 8 DIY Swimsuit Patterns Perfect for Summer - May 12, 2015
- 7 Lucky Horseshoe Crafts - February 23, 2015