It’s Day Twenty-Two of National Sewing Month! Don’t forget to visit our blog every day to enter to win our daily prize from Coats & Clark. Find the contest rules and enter below. Also look out below for details on how to receive additional entries for our National Sewing Month grand prize from BERNINA! Too see the daily blog posts, projects of the day, and more National Sewing Month details, click here.
When it comes to raising a family, one of the biggest changes a parent can expect is an increased cost of living. Kids are cute and wonderful, and raising them is a very rewarding experience, but it is also extremely costly. Fortunately for the sewists of the world, it’s easy to take some of the expense out of expanding your family and bringing children into the world.
There are plenty of projects you can sew for kids. From toys to clothes to school supplies and more, you can find a sewing pattern to fill just about any need you or your kids might have. By sewing the essentials (and non-essentials) for your children, you can provide for them without sacrificing quality to save money.
Bargain brands can be risky, and the cheap versions of some products quickly wear out and need to be replaced. Rather than deal with those headaches, you can sew high quality products for your kids at a fraction of the retail cost. Check out all the sewing projects below to find ideas, inspiration, and free tutorials so you can sew anything and everything your kids will need.
Alphabetical Guide of Easy Sewing Projects to Make for Kids
Teach Kids How to Sew
Whether sewing is your full time job or just a hobby, you love what you do and you’d love to see your kids share that passion. You can pass on your love for sewing to your kids by showing them how it’s done.
While it’s great to bond with kids over a mutual interest, teaching kids a skill can become very difficult and can quickly make sparks fly. In order to cut down on any arguing or frustration in the teaching process, you can use these free tutorials to help everything along. Because all of these sewing tutorials are accessible online, you and your kids can revisit them for a refresher whenever you’d like.
To be entered to win our daily giveaway for today, leave a comment on this blog post telling us…
What is the most valuable sewing lesson you’ve ever learned?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- You have until tonight, September 22nd, 2013 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 15 Quick Sewing Projects Under 15 Minutes - July 20, 2014
- What You (Almost) Forgot to Bring: Sewing Purses, Organizers, and More for Travel - July 14, 2014
- Kids and Camping Hacks: 17 Camping Crafts for Kids - July 8, 2014