Earth Day is going to be here before we know it and I’m sure you’re wondering what you could do with the kids this year! Today I’m rounding up 18 of my favorite upcycled DIY kid crafts you can create with recycled items. You can turn a lot of items that normally gets tossed into some wonderful kid crafts. One of my favorite Earth Day kid craft project would have to be #10. You learn exactly how to take all your old shopping bags and turn them into a incredible Jelly Fish only using items you already have.
My favorite part of Earth Day is that it encourages everyone to find other uses for items. Why would you want to go buy construction paper for the kids to paint on when you could just use old newspaper that would not be used?
1.Super Simple T-Shirt Scarf from Favecrafts
2. Funky Paint Chip Garland from Favecrafts
3. Colorful Ladybugs Toilet Paper Roll Craft from Favecrafts
4. How to Stamp a Circle Shirt using Fabric Paint from A Little Craft In Your Day
5. Tissue Box Guitar from Octavia and Vicky
6. Simple DIY Seed Bombs from Favecrafts
7. Tissue Box Monster from A Little Craft In Your Day
8. Jackson Pollock’s Favorite Shirt from Favecrafts
9. Make a recycled herb garden with the kids from Small Fry
10. Jelly Fish created with recycled bags from Teach Me Mommy
11. Mini Tin Can Drums Earth Day Craft from Make and Takes
12. DIY Bird Feeder for the kids from HelloBee
13. Paper Roll Bracelets Craft from Learn Create Love
14. We’ve got the whole world in our hands kid craft from Meet the Dubiens
15. Earth Day World Paint Craft from Pin Inspired
16. Earth Day Eco-friendly Fishes from Mixie Studio
17. Stained Glass Planet Earth from Mom On Timeout
Here is a DIY video which I shared over on the Favecrafts Youtube Channel. You can learn how to simply create this DIY toilet paper roll butterfly with just a few simple materials you probably already have on hand.
If that isn’t enough Earth Day inspired projects, be sure to check out this free eBook that Favecrafts has published, It is called “Trash to Treasure : 28 Recycled Crafts”