So you love to spend your time beading, but you’re already up to your elbows in bracelets, and all your family and friends are drowning in the DIY jewelry you’ve gifted them over the years? Use your creativity for a good cause by beading for charity! During the months of February and March, 2013, AllFreeJewelryMaking will be collecting finished DIY jewelry creations from beaders like you who want to use their gift to give back. Help us to help others by donating your hand-crafted jewelry creations!
By contributing your finished pieces to our jewelry drive, you’ll be helping bring a bit of joy to the lives of women in need. We will be sending all the DIY jewelry we collect to The Women’s Shelter Jewelry Project, a program sponsored by the Seattle Metals Guild that has been donating to those who need it most for almost 15 years now. The Women’s Shelter Jewelry Project collects old jewelry that is not being worn and then sorts, cleans, and fixes the jewelry to make wearable new pieces for underprivileged women. They then distribute these upcycled pieces to various women’s shelters, such as the Catherine Booth House, a Salvation Army domestic violence shelter, where they are given to women in need. For these women, who often arrive to the shelters with nothing more than the clothes on their backs, the jewelry provides a much needed glimmer of hope.
As jewelry artists and crafters, we know how special a piece of jewelry can make a woman feel. Imagine the satisfaction of knowing your handmade piece was given to one of these less fortunate woman on her birthday, on Christmas, or to be worn to a crucial job interview. Your hand-crafted jewelry can make a difference in someone’s life!
The AllFreeJewelryMaking DIY jewelry drive will run from February 7, 2013, to March 28, 2013. Please send your donated pieces to the address below any time during those dates; be sure to provide your e-mail address along with your donation so that we can get in touch with you if you are our randomly selected winner. Also, please keep in mind we are looking for finished pieces of quality – something these women would be proud to wear.
Please ship your finished jewelry creations to:
Women’s Shelter Jewelry Project
3400 Dundee Rd. #220
Northbrook, IL 60062
What You Can Win:
All those who donate a handmade piece to the jewelry drive will be entered for a chance to receive an ImpressArt Metal Stamping Kit! Gifted by ImpressArt, the Metal Stamping Kit includes everything you need to get started creating your own gorgeous metal stamped jewelry and other stamped craft creations.
- Only participants located in the U.S. and/or Canada are eligible to win the prize. Participants from other countries may donate but will not be eligible to win the prize.
- One entry per participant, not per donation. Donating multiple pieces does not secure multiple entries.
- All eligible donations must be handmade. Store-bought donations will not earn an entry in the prize drawing.
- Donations must be in by March 28, 2013, to be eligible for an entry in the prize drawing.
So start sending in those pieces! We can’t wait to see what you create!
Need some inspiration to get started? Try one of these jewelry projects (or check out any of the ideas on AllFreeJewelryMaking.com)!
- Bead and Chain Dangle Earrings
- Tila Temptation Bracelet
- Alluring Amber Beaded Bracelet Pattern
- Classic Pearl Bracelet
- One Color Wonder Necklace and Earrings
- Chain and Seed Bead Necklace
Have you ever used your craft to give back?
Latest posts by AllFreeJewelryMaking (see all)
- As If! 21 Jewelry Patterns Inspired by the 90s - June 2, 2016
- 28 Jewelry Boxes: How to Make a Jewelry Box - February 1, 2016
- Link Love: Macrame Crafts Are Knot Your Average Home Decor - July 18, 2015