Are you feeling a little … scattered? This time of year can be super fun but so stressful. Right now, you’re probably finishing up last-minute gifts, decorating your home, cooking epic feasts and sending out holiday cards – there’s so much to do in a very short amount of time. One way I cope with stress is by staying as organized as possible. When the world gets crazy, I get to work – it helps me cut through the chaos. Plus, New Year’s Eve is just around the corner, and so many people make a promise to get organized in the new year. Luckily, you don’t have to spend a fortune on expensive yet generic items like boxes and baskets. Instead, you can use your crafty skills and make a few of your own!
The more you like the organizational items you make, the more likely you are to want to use them and show them off. Be sure to tailor the colors to match your decor – you can seamlessly integrate the items into your home. Fun n’ Colorful Glass Canisters are completely customizable and so fun to make. Use sponges, stencils and paint to create messages and labels for the jars. You can also upcycle an old wooden bin and add fun touches to create a Decoupage Storage Pin. Dip into your stash of ribbons and buttons to make this piece stand out. If you’re lucky enough to have your own crafting space, you know that it can get a little messy sometimes. Quick and easy projects like the Water Bottle Supply Organizer can help you sort your craft supplies so you never lose anything again! Plus, you can reuse recycled plastic bottles – it’s a great way to go green!
Don’t wait until January to get organized. Take some time now to sort through your craft supplies and put a few items in a safe place. These simple activities will help you stress less and enjoy the holiday season so much more.
- ‘That’s a Wrap’ Fabric Covered Boxes from Caught on a Whim
- Craft Room Storage Cabinet from Finding Home Online
- Mason Jar Sewing Kit from Juliette Laura
- DIY Storage Container from A Bubbly Life
- DIY Leather Pencil Case from The Merry Thought
- Fabric Covered Magazine Files from Creative in Chicago
- Easy Washi Tape Storage from Scattered Thoughts
- DIY Storage Box Makeover from Whimsy Darling
- Denim Pencil Case from Vanilla Craft
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 18 Recycled Crafts for Christmas - October 8, 2015
- Best DIY Hair Accessories - September 30, 2015
- National Coffee Day: 11 DIY Mugs You Need in Your Life - September 29, 2015