Our crochet-along is about to start. Hooray! We are making the Pomp Poodle in Pink, providing photos, videos and helpful instruction along the way. We’ll talk about any challenges we encounter and cheer each other along.
The 5 winners of the Red Heart Yarn giveaway were picked yesterday morning and will be receiving their yarn soon to make this pattern. If you want to make this adorable poodle, please gather your supplies so that we can begin next week! I’ll be posting every Thursday from now on about the crochet-along.
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein each 373 Petal Pink A, 316 Soft White B, and 312 Black C.
- RED HEART® “Pomp-a-Doodle™”: 1 ball 9785 Cotton Candy Pink D.
- Crochet Hooks: 3.75mm [US F-5], 5mm [US H-8].
- Yarn needle
- stitch marker
- black embroidery floss,
- polyester filler
- strong hand-sewing thread and needle
- buttons* or plastic safety eyes*
- (Optional) ribbon
- (Optional) plastic pellets and knee-high hose for making pellet packet.
This week, gather your supplies and make a test gauge.I generally crochet a little tighter, so I’m using a slightly bigger 4.0 mm hook for this pattern. Let us know in the comments if you needed the 3.75 mm or the 4mm hook.
Gauge: 20 sc = 4”; 16 rounds = 4” in sc.
Schedule for Upcoming Weeks
May 26- Week 1: Gather Materials, Gauge
June 2- Week 2: Crochet Head
June 9- Week 3: Crochet Body
June 16- Week 4: Crochet Legs
June 23- Week 5: Crochet Neck, Tail and Ears
June 30- Week 6: Finish- Sew Together, Sew Eyes, Make Head Pouf.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Plan Ahead: 14 DIY Fall and Winter Wedding Centerpieces - July 30, 2015
- DIY Dorm Room Decorating Ideas - July 27, 2015
- 10 Sorority Gift Ideas for Your Little and Fun DIY Gifts - July 25, 2015