There’s something so magical about fall. The crisp air, crunchy leaves, pretty colors – I just can’t get enough. My favorite aspect of the season is definitely pulling out all of my favorite autumn accessories. In the past, I always stocked up on traditional scarvess – long pieces of fabric or cute yarn creations that I could quickly wrap around my neck before heading out the door. Last year, however, I purchased my first cowl. Since then, I’ve collected cowls of all shapes and sizes. I love throwing them on with my winter coat – they keep my neck warm and I can tuck my nose in when it’s extra chilly.
Readers also love cowls, and we’ve seen their popularity grow as years go by. In general, it seems that warm and cozy cowls are always the most sought-after on the site. Knit and crochet cowls like the Slouchy Cowl and the Crochet Convertible Cowl are always popular in our e-mail newsletters (are you a subscriber?). These scarves have one thing in common – they are both made using a single yarn color. Neither pattern is complicated, making them both a great option for beginning yarn crafters. If you are hungry for more cowl patterns, the Vanilla Meringue Cowl is a great choice. While this is a great craft to make for yourself, it’s also a fantastic gift idea for the holiday season.
Winter is around the corner – don’t wait until the first snowfall to get working on a cool cowl. Save your creation for yourself or give it as a gift – you don’t need a ton of supplies or a lifetime of expertise. Now is the time to say goodbye to boring generic scarves and hello to handmade cowls.
- Colour My World Cowl from Hopeful Honey
- Upcycled Sweater Cowl from Stuff Steph Does
- Lemon Balm Button Cowl from Fiber Flux
- Katy Cowl from Flax and Twine
- Crochet Infinity Scarf from Dabbles and Babbles
- Long Double Crochet Cowl from All About Ami
- Yellow Stiletto Cowl from Steph Chows
- Easy Knit Circle Scarf from With Lovely
- Long Chunky Crocheted Infinity Cowl from 7Alive all Livin’ in a Double Wide
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 13 Cheerful Cross Stitch Patterns - November 10, 2015
- The Ultimate List of Last-Minute Thanksgiving Crafts - November 6, 2015
- Last-Minute DIY Halloween Decorations: Two “Krazy” Tutorials - October 30, 2015