Remember the days of sitting outside with your best friends, making beautiful knotted friendship bracelets with your mom’s embroidery thread? Those were some of my favorite childhood memories…
So it’s no surprise that I was so excited to see that macrame and friendship bracelets have begun to resurface. I was even more excited when our Facebook fans requested to get a macrame tutorial in our weekly newsletter! In case you missed it, here’s everything you need to learn to macrame friendship bracelets…from the basic materials to some beginner projects to help you get started.
Beginner’s Macrame Tutorial
Must Have Materials:
- Embroidery Thread–This is the best way to make durable and colorful friendship bracelets. You can find embroidery thread in tons of colors…there’s even some multi-colored string out there!
- Ruler–This will help you make sure that your bracelet fits around your wrist and, more importantly, insures that you have enough string to get the job done!
- Clipboard–Having a clipboard on hand makes creating these bracelets much easier…since it holds it down for you as you work. If you don’t have a clipboard, you can place your knotted string under something heavy to prevent movement, or simply pin it to your jeans like I used to do!
- Beads–These are optional additions…but they do make your bracelet that much more fun!
Easy Tutorials and Guides for Beginners:
- Macrame Jewelry Basics
- How to Macrame a Bracelet
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets
- How to Tie Friendship Bracelets
Easy Macrame Projects:
- 20 Bracelet Patterns to Make
- Macrame Meteor Bracelet
- Nialaya Bracelet
- Turquoise Medallion Choker
- Ribbon and Rope Macrame
- 9 Easy Macrame Bracelet Patterns
We want to know: What other crafting techniques do you want to learn? Leave a comment below and maybe we’ll feature it in an upcoming mini lesson!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 13 Cheerful Cross Stitch Patterns - November 10, 2015
- The Ultimate List of Last-Minute Thanksgiving Crafts - November 6, 2015
- Last-Minute DIY Halloween Decorations: Two “Krazy” Tutorials - October 30, 2015