In honor of Earth Week, take a moment and create some recycled and upcycled crafts. Green crafting is a hot trend right now, and for good reason! Not only are recycled and upcycled crafts more cost-effective to create, but they also help reduce our carbon footprint. As they say, “one person’s trash is another person’s treasure”, or “one person’s recycling bin is another’s supply store.” To honor the Earth and all that it encompasses, FaveCrafts.com and its sister sites are challenging you to craft green. This small challenge comes with big reward. Return daily to enter to win one of two exciting Earth Week prizes. Find the contest rules and enter below.
Today is day two of Earth Week, and we’re keeping the momentum going strong with this adorable pattern by Allison Hoffman from Crafty is Cool. With this free crochet pattern, you’ll learn how to make your very own pillow pattern that honors the beauty of our planet Earth. This irresistible pattern is great to keep on display in the living room, play room, or child’s bedroom.
Acre of Land Pillow
I promise, you will never be able to find an acre of land this cheap anywhere else! Crochet yourself your very own little pillow pal with this free crochet pattern. The Acre of Land Pillow is one of the cutest crochet patterns ever. Complete with arms, legs, and a friendly face, this little guy features a forest, apple orchard, river, and a lake. This pillow is a great project to make for Earth Day, and it would also be a great teaching tool for toddlers and young children. Kids will love not only playing with this pillow, but also resting their head on this friendly free acre of land. Get the free pattern tutorial here.
- Earth Day Crochet Patterns & Knit Patterns
- Earth and Sky Scarf
- Upcycled Plarn Grocery Tote
- Pop Tab Plarn Bracelet
- T-Shirt Bracelet
Earth Week Giveaway
Return daily to comment on the blog for your chance to win one of the two Earth Week prizes. One lucky winner will win a Wool Felt Bug Kit and an Art Journal Kit from Arterro, and another lucky winner will win two hanks of At the Bahamas: Multi Colored Recycled Sari Silk Ribbon Yarn from Darn Good Yarn.
Bonus! As a gift to all Earth Week participants, when shopping with Arterro enter the coupon code FAVE20 for 20% off any order through May 1st.
- There is a maximum of one entry per person per day. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied. You can comment once a day on each blog post.
- Winners will be selected at random from the comments on the Earth Week blog posts.
- Winners will be announced here on the blog on April 29th as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until April 28th, 2013 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on any of the Earth Week posts. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Have you ever used eco-friendly or recycled yarn before? Tell us about it below!
Latest posts by AllFreeCrochet (see all)
- Announcing More Crochet Patterns: I Like Crochet - July 17, 2014
- DIY Wedding Scrapbook: Michaels Scrapbook Blogger Challenge - May 8, 2013
- Celebrating National Scrapbooking Month with Michaels - May 6, 2013