Use these easy DIY Christmas crafts to make adorable wreath pins from pipe cleaners! You can style them however you want and pass them around to your friends this Christmas.
- Pipe Cleaners, I chose the metallic colors, red, gold, green and iridescent.
- Gold light weight wire
- Bells, small to medium, you chose.
- Plastic beads of your choice, I have tons around, so I used what I had
- Pin backs, to attach them.
- Hot Glue and gun
- Jewelry tools, needle nose , cutter pliers and flat pliers.
- The first thing you do is take two pipe cleaners, cut the first one into ¼’s and then cut the second one into 1/2s. With one of your halves, cut it into 1/4s like the others. You should have 6 of ¼ and 1 of ½.
- Take your needle nose pliers and twist a half turn on the end of one of your ¼ size, press it between your fingers and twist about 3 turns. On the other end of the pipe cleaner, do the same thing but in the opposite direction. You should have a nice curled figure 8. Do the same thing with all 6 of your ¼ size.
- Now take your ½ pipe cleaner and twist the very ends together, to form a circle. You just want to twist the ends, don’t use a lot of the ends.
- Now take your hot glue, add a small line on the back of your figure 8’s and press then on the pipe cleaner circle, over lapping a tiny bit.
- Next you will cut about 5 inches of gold wire and add your bell/bells to it. Twist the ends of the wire leaving enough space for the bells to hang loose.
- Take the ends of the gold wire and your needle nose pliers and make a circle, up to the part that is not twisted, flatten the circle.
- Hot glue the gold circle with the bells on it to the back of your wreath. You will want to hot glue your decorative beads on the wreath now. I take another metallic pipe cleaner ¼ of a different color and glue it on as a bow.