Holiday berries, pine cones, ribbons and red cardinals create a lovely Christmas wreath that will last for seasons. A simple styrofoam base makes this wreath affordable and easy to assemble.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Spray paint: copper metallic; gold glitter
- Artificial greenery sprays, two each: evergreen; red berry; crabapple
- Preserved grapevine, small amount
- Pinecones, four
- Feather cardinals, two
- Ribbon: iridescent green/copper wire-edged, 1-1/2" x 3 yds.; red velvet, 3/4" x 2-1/2 yds.
- Chenille stems, three
- Floral U-pins
- Green floral tape: light; dark
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Bevel top edges of wreath with knife.
- Wrap entire wreath with light green floral tape. Wrap a few pieces of dark green tape over light green tape at random intervals.
- In a well-ventilated area, follow manufacturer's instructions to spray wreath with light coat of copper paint. Immediately wipe with sponge to remove majority of paint, leaving light copper accents. Repeat if needed. Spray pinecones copper; let dry.
- Twist one chenille stem into hanging loop. Glue and insert stem ends into top back of wreath. Secure hanger with floral pins.
- Glue and insert evergreen sprays in arc across center top of wreath. Cut small clump from one spray; glue to inside of wreath at 5 o'clock position. Glue pinecone and cardinal to evergreen clump. Let dry.
- Bend green ribbon into 6" wide, three-loop bow with 15" tails; secure center with chenille stem. Repeat with red ribbon, making loops slightly smaller. Glue green bow to center top of wreath and red bow to center of green bow. Allow tails to cascade through center of wreath; spot glue ribbons to wreath. Cut green ribbon ends in a "v"; cut red tails diagonally.
- Glue remaining cardinal into top of bow. Glue remaining pinecones around bow. Glue and insert twigs, berries and crabapples as shown. Twist grapevine around wreath; spot glue to secure.
- Spray entire wreath with gold glitter spray; let dry completely.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.