26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
13 Homemade Christmas Wreaths and Techniques
By: The Editors Of FaveCrafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Homemade Christmas wreaths are a must this season, so get out your crafting supplies. The creative possibilities with homemade Christmas wreaths are endless and often easier than people think. Homemade Christmas wreaths make great gifts and decor to go anywhere, in the house and out. These homemade Christmas wreaths will add the perfect touch to your front door or foyer this holiday season. With plenty of instructions for making Christmas wreaths, it is easy to give your guests a warm welcome.
Wow your family this year with homemade Christmas wreaths for upstairs and downstairs, inside and out. Follow these instructions for making Christmas wreaths that really spice up your decor.
Yarn-wrapped wreaths look sleek and polished without all the bulkiness of a typical pine wreath. One of the nice things about yarn-wrapped wreaths is that you can store them away in a box, and they won't get tangled or misshapen for next year's decorating. To achieve the polished look of wrapped homemade christmas wreaths, start with a store-bought styrofoam or wicker/straw wreath. Consider wrapping it with poly or cotton batting first so the yarn wraps easily and with few bumps.
We recommend using thicker yarn because it will cover more surface area and the batting will stay put. Get creative by choosing colors like silver, red, gold and green, instead of the typical holiday fashions. Try wrapping wreaths with other materials like ribbon or floral tape to maintain the sleek look of wrapped homemade Christmas wreaths.
- Yarn Wreath with Berries: This is a great wreath to have on display during the winter months. You could also use this same technique to create a wreath for any season, using whatever color yarn you'd like.
- Easy Ribbon Wreath: Perfect for Christmas and Valentine's Day, this whimsical Ribbon Wreath is a great project for kids and adults alike. This makes a great present for grandma and grandpa and is a sure fire way to show someone how much you love them!
- Cardinal Christmas Wreath: This simple wreath is a great project for bird lovers. You can make one for yourself and one for your neighbor. This Cardinal Wreath also makes a wonderful gift if you're going to be traveling to someone's home over the holidays.
- NEW! Easy Yarn Christmas Wreath: With this easy Christmas craft, you can create a yarn-wrapped wreath featuring red, white and green bows. This Christmas Wreath craft is a quick and easy way to decorate for the season.
Everyone knows the classic artificial wreath. Just as often as you see an artificial Christmas tree, you'll see an artificial wreath. Often times you have to rearrange the pine needles because they've gotten smashed during the year's stay in the basement. Half the fun of digging up your Christmas decorations every year is adjusting the artificial Christmas wreath needles so they look pretty on the door or in the window. Artificial pine is a great material to work with because it looks real, but you don't have all the mess of real evergreen or pine.
Working with an artificial pine wreath, you'll spend most of your time embellishing the wreath, rather than constructing the wreath itself. Go to any craft store during the holiday season and pick up an artificial pine wreath in a variety of sizes. Plan out the appropriate embellishments, based on the holiday theme you're trying to achieve, and have at it. Whether you're securing the embellishments with wire or a stapler, make sure you are careful!
- A Silver Bells Welcome: If you love the sounds of the season, you'll love this Silver Bells Wreath. This glittery and elegant front door decoration would look equally as beautiful hanging indoors above your fireplace. You could even throw in a few real jingle bells so it rings every time someone opens the door!
- Christmas Reindeer Wreath: Greet guests with this fun and jolly Reindeer Wreath! Rudolph will do a great job welcoming friends and family into your home, and everyone is sure to get a kick out of this funny Christmas decoration.
- Cedar Wreath Topiaries: If you're going more for the classic look, this Cedar Wreath is for you. You could easily hang this wreath on your garage or front door to add a classic and elegant Christmas feel to your home.
- NEW! Pine Cone Wreath: Learn how to make a pine cone wreath with these great step-by-step instructions. This wreath is a great decorating idea especially for the fall and winter months.
For those of you knitters and crocheters who looking for a challenge this holiday season, knit and crochet Christmas wreaths are the way to go. These homemade Christmas wreaths can be stored practically anywhere, in the closet, in the basement - they don't get in the way. Also, they make great gifts. Give a knit or crocheted homemade Christmas wreath to a friend or relative, and they will know that you really put your heart into the project. Some crafters knit and crochet entire wreaths, while others use the knit and crochet pieces to embellish an artificial pine wreath. Do as you choose, but make sure you budget your time to finish your wreaths before Christmas.
- Candy Cane Crochet Wreath: This is an adorable wreath for the avid crochet fan! These sweet crocheted candy canes gather to make a wreath that even the toughest Scrooge is sure to love. And just like real candy canes, once you start, it's hard to stop!
- Knit Christmas Wreath Cover: Since most of us spend the winter stuck in our car while we're out shopping, there's no reason why we can't decorate for Christmas in our cars! This cute steering wheel cover will not only keep your hands warm, but it's a fun decoration for the holiday season.
- Christmas Bells Wreath: Sometimes all you need is a simple crochet pattern to set the mood for a wonderful holiday season. With this Christmas Bells Wreath, you can create a Christmas decoration that's unlike anything you've seen before. These sweet crocheted bells would also look adorable hanging from your tree as ornaments.
- Christmas Knitting Wreath: Do you know someone who loves to knit? This Knitting Wreath would make a wonderful Christmas gift! It's also a great way for you to use up all that extra yarn!
- Crochet Christmas Wreath: The symbols of the season are all represented on this Crochet Christmas Wreath. From gifts under the tree to Santa himself, this Christmas decoration is perfect for those who love everything about the festive holiday season!
If you're looking for even more wreath ideas, these 31 Homemade Holiday Wreaths come in all shapes and sizes.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project