Not your ordinary birdhouse, this painted home decor piece will brighten up any room.
DecoArt Products Required
Laurie Speltz's Instant Images
- IIJ01 - Floral Journal Template
- IIT06 - 3/8 in. Duo Tool
- IIT07 - 1/4 in. Duo Tool
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO34 - Lavender
- DAO42 - Baby Blue
- DA128 - Deep Burgundy
- DA132 - Hauser Medium Green
- DA228 - Bright Orange
- DA253 - Pistachio Mint
- DA269 - Foliage Green --- NEW!!
- Patterned scrapbook paper
- Wooden birdhouse
- Basecoat bottom of birdhouse Pistachio Mint, roof and perches Baby Blue.
- Spatter house with Lavender and again with Hauser Medium Green.
- Bottom vine design is done using Foliage Green and then pouncing lightly with Hauser Medium Green.
- Base flowers with Bright Orange. Pounce Deep Burgundy around edge for shading. Add overlay flowers, dots, or doodles with Deep Burgundy. Dot with Snow White; embellishments are Bright Orange.
- Base other flowers with Baby Blue. Stipple Lavender around edges or add overlays of small flowers in middles as desired. Embellish with dots, hearts, and doodles of Baby Blue, Snow White, and Lavender.
- Adhere ribbon around center of birdhouse.
- Cut patterned paper to fit roof and adhere.
Use patterned papers to cover large areas like the roof for perfect striped areas.