This adorably painted furniture is a perfect fit for any child's room. The cherries bring out the innocence. Using acrylic paints and wood material you can make this a DIY project for the bedroom.
- Crafter's Acrylic
- DCA01 - White
- DCA22 - Bright Red
- DCA47 - Black
- DCA51 - Yellow Cornmeal
- DCA104 - Holiday Green
- Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
- Americana Brushes
- DBL1580-B - Script Liner #10/0
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3012-B - Shader #12
- DecoArt Brushes
- DS23 - Easy Cling Brush (3)
- Wood letters for name
- Small wood chair
- Small wood cradle
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Masking tape
- Fine sandpaper and tack cloth
- Sand wood pieces lightly and wipe with tack cloth.
- Adjust patterns to fit surfaces.
- Use ruler and pencil to measure and draw 1" border around back of chair.
- Paint chair Yellow Cornmeal. Let dry.
- Mask off stripes on sides of chair with tape. Paint stripes Bright Red using 3/4" brush. Remove tape. Let dry.
- With #12 shader brush, paint border around back and edges of chair Bright Red. Let dry.
- Paint cherries using pouncer brush and Bright Red. Use script liner brush and Holiday Green to paint stems and leaves. Let dry.
- Use script liner brush with Black to outline cherries, stems, and leaves.
- Paint wavy lines on stripe edges using liner brush and Black. Highlight cherries with White. Let dry.
- Paint entire piece Yellow Cornmeal. Let dry.
- Paint both ends inside with Bright Red using 3/4" brush. Let dry.
- Mask off stripes on outside ends with tape. Use 3/4" brush and Bright Red to paint stripes. Remove tape. Let dry.
- Use pouncer brush and Bright Red to paint in cherries. Use liner brush to paint Holiday Green stems and leaves.
- With a liner brush outline cherries, leaves, and stems in Black and make wavy lines on stripes. Use White with liner brush to mark highlights on cherries.
- Paint letter faces using #12 shader brush and Yellow Cornmeal. Let dry.
- Paint letter sides Bright Red using #12 shader brush. Let dry.
- Use end of brush handle and Bright Red to dot cherries. Use liner brush to paint stems and leaves. Let dry.
Spray pieces with several light coats of Triple Thick Gloss Glaze Spray. Allow to dry completely between coats.