Serve those after-school snacks on an extra-special tray, painted and decorated with scrapbook paper.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG67 - Black --- NEW!!
- DAG201 - Primary Yellow --- NEW!!
- DAG265 - Tuscan Red --- NEW!!
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3008-B - Shader 8
- Foam plate
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Two 12" x 12" sheets school theme scrapbook papers (We used Provo Craft 42-5192, School Patchwork, and Black Gingham 14381 by Making Memories.)
- Hair dryer
- Unfinished wood tray: EHI EDH11914/LG
Preparation: Remove all labels or tags from surfaces before painting.
1. Cut scrapbook paper strips as desired to fit bottom of tray (10 1/2" x 13 3/4" area).
2. Use flat brush to paint inner sides of tray Primary Yellow; let dry.
3. With flat brush, paint outer sides of tray Tuscan Red and let dry.
4. Use shader brush and Black to paint top edges of tray and handle openings; let dry.
5. Spread thin, even coat of tacky glue on base of tray with flat brush. Attach strips of paper, smoothing out any wrinkles. Let glue dry.
6. Apply thin coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer over paper with flat brush; use hair dryer to speed drying process. Apply two more coats of sealer, allowing to dry after each coat.
A hair dryer on low heat setting can be used to speed drying of glue and prevent wrinkling of paper.