A stamped flower helps you woodburn the magnolia design easily. These magnolias are woodburned on a section of basswood for rustic, country decor.
- Walnut Hollow® #24414 Creative Woodburner® Detailer
- Walnut Hollow® #27669 Small Basswood Country Rounds®
- Walnut Hollow® #9912 Oil Colored Pencils, 12 Color Set
- Rubber Stampede #Magnolia A1672G (or use stamp of choice)
- Ink Stamp Pad
- Other Supplies: eraser, paper towel, pliers, Q-tip or blending stick, sandpaper, spray varnish, tape
- To prepare wood for stamping and woodburning, use sandpaper to lightly sand to a smooth surface. Remove dust with paper towel.
- Use ink stamp pad to apply ink to rubber stamp. Press rubber stamp on center of plaque and lift.
- Before using Creative Woodburner® Detailer, read all directions and follow all safety precautions. Attach Mini-Flow Point to hot tool. Tighten with pliers. Use tape to secure stand to hard surface. Place tool on stand. Plug into electric outlet. Let heat for 4-5 minutes. Practice on a scrap of wood before beginning project.
- Use the Mini-Flow Point to burn all the lines of the stamped image. Do not press hard. Let the point glide over the lines. For a darker image, move slower and go over the same line more than once. When complete, unplug tool and let cool.
- Use eraser to remove any smudge marks.
- Use Oil Colored Pencils to color the flower and leaves. Use Q-tip or blending stick to blend colors.
- Apply two to three coats of spray varnish for a protective finish.