Use those rubber stamps in a brand new way as a guide for woodburning designs onto a hinged box. Oil colored pencils create a soft, layered look on the box.
- Walnut Hollow® #27777 Hinged Box-Small
- Walnut Hollow® #5570 Creative Woodburner® Value Pen
- Walnut Hollow® #9912 Oil Colored Pencils – 12 color set
- LuminArte Inc™ Radiant Rain Mists™, Daubers
- Black Ink Pad
- Rubber Stamps
- Other Supplies: paper towels, paper for protecting work surface (old newspapers), pliers, sandpaper, spray varnish, tape
- To prepare wood for painting, use sandpaper to lightly sand entire box. Remove dust with paper towel.
- Spread out old newspapers to protect your work surface. Spray several colors of LuminArte Radiant Rain Mists onto wood. Let dry.
- Use black ink pad on rubber stamps to stamp design on box. Overlap some images to create a collage effect. Let dry.
- Before using hot tool, read through and follow all safety precautions on packaging. Practice on a scrap of wood to determine which point works the best for the chosen design. Experiment with each point. Attach the appropriate point to tool. Tighten with pliers. Secure stand to hard surface with tape. Place tool on stand. Plug into electric outlet. Let heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Woodburn some of the stamped image lines. Do not woodburn all the images. This will give a layered, textured collage effect. When complete, unplug tool and let cool.
- Emphasize more of the stamped images by coloring with Oil Colored Pencils, applying more Radiant Rain Mists, or Daubers.
- If desired, apply 2-3 coats of spray varnish for a protective finish.