Perfect for the little princess in your life, this stool from Plaid will help her reach for the stars (or the doll on the second shelf). Use pretty pastel paper or make it bright – whatever suits her princess personality.
- Unfinished wood stool
- Mod Podge Hard Coat
- FolkArt Extreme Glitter - Hologram
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint - Sheer Blossom
- Scrapbook paper, 6 sheets – light pinks and greens with flowers, stripes, and polka dots
- Decorative scissors - Fiskars Paper Edgers, Clouds
- Workable Fixatif Spray
- Flower paper punch
- Ink pads – light green and pink
- Cosmetic wedges, 2
- Computer and printer
- Sand any rough edges of the stool until smooth.
- Paint inside of stool legs and top edges with Sheer Blossom. Allow to dry.
- Measure the top of the stool then cut edges of green floral paper with decorative scissors (your paper should be slightly smaller than the top of the stool, revealing a pink painted border).
- Dabthe cosmetic wedge on the light green ink pad, then distress the decorative edges of the paper until desired look is achieved; set aside.
- Measure the height and circumference of the top edge of the stool. Using striped paper, cut out strips with one side cut with decorative scissors. Distress with pink ink; set aside.
- Draw and cut out a crown shape using a light pink paper; distress with pink ink.
- Cut out a “band” using remaining striped paper and decorative scissors to fit around the base of the crown. Distress with pink ink and set aside.
- Use a computer to type “Little Princess” in desired font and size. Print on light pink polka dot paper (choose a dark pink font color). Spray with a coat of Workable Fixatif (to prevent bleeding). Allow to dry, then cut out heart shape. Set aside.
- Use flower punch and pink paper to create the flower for the top middle of the crown. Set aside.
- With remaining floral paper, measure and cut out paper to cover the base of the stool (outside of legs and sides). Use scraps and cut out 2 flowers to fit the inside of the flower punch out and the bottom of the heart (refer to photo).
- Position and adhere all papers to stool with Mod Podge Hard Coat while smoothing out any air bubbles with your hands. Allow to dry.
- Add sparkle highlights to crown as desired with Hologram Extreme Glitter.
- Apply four coats of Mod Podge Hard Coat. When applying the coats, go in one direction then the other and let dry between coats. Allow to dry for 48 hours before using.