This winter, amaze your guests by serving hot cocoa and other treats on this whimsical sparkling snowflake serving tray!
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - All-Purpose White (#51315)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Flat White (#SCS055)
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Satin Nickel (#51255)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Shimmering Silver (#402)
- Unfinished wood serving tray
- Snowflake shaped wood cutouts
- Blue and/or silver toned gems
- Medium grit sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Gently sand the unfinished wood serving tray and snowflake shaped wood cutouts with medium grit sandpaper. Wipe away any dust from the wood with a tack cloth.
- Spray each of the snowflake shaped wood cutouts with Indoor/Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. Let dry for a half an hour.
- Paint the snowflake shaped cutouts with a layer of Short Cuts Aerosol Paint in Flat White. Let dry for a half an hour before adding a second coat. Then, let dry completely.
- Apply a layer of Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver to the white painted snowflake cutouts. Let dry for an hour.
- Paint the unfinished wood tray with Brushed Metallic Paint in Satin Nickel. Let dry for an hour before adding a second coat and drying again.
- Apply a layer of Glitter Spray to the outside of the painted wood tray. Let dry completely.
- Heat up the hot glue gun. Adhere a gem to the center of each snowflake shaped cutout.
- Adhere the snowflake shapes as desired onto the wood tray.
Do not prime the wood tray prior to painting. This leaves a much more “sheer” paint shade on the wood, making it glisten when coated with glitter spray.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.