Snowman and Christmas Tree Winter Scene
By: Linda Peterson for Amaco
- AMACO® Designer Push Molds — Moon
- FIMO® Soft Polymer Clay — Two 2 oz. Packages White(#0);
- One Package Each of:
- Brilliant Blue (#33)
- Sunflower Yellow (#16)
- Tropical Green (#53)
- Caramel (#7)
- Cherry Red (#26)
- Mandarin (#42)
- AMACO® Fun Wire™ — Black, 24 gauge
- AMACO® PolyRoller™ or Pasta Machine
- AMACO® PolyBlade
- AMACO® Needle Tool
- Mirror by Darice, Inc.
- Tiny Heart Shape Cutter — Kemper
- 2 Black Seed Beads
- Decorative Chalk — Blue and Pink by Craf-T Products
- Cotton Swab
Note: Clean hands before using white clay. Work from lightest to darkest colors. Condition clay by rolling with PolyRoller™ or through pasta machine, folding in half and rolling again. Repeat until clay is soft and pliable.
- Base: Condition 1/2 package of White and roll into a ball. Flatten with hands or PolyRoller™ and shape into an asymetrical oval shape approximately 3" long and 1/4" thick. Press mirror into back side of base.
- Condition remaining White FIMO® Soft. Roll a log 1/4" x 7" long. Press log over edges of mirror. Trim excess. Flatten and shape 1/4" balls into teardrops. Repeat making three of various sizes. Press over top of mirror giving snow effect. Create small balls and add to base.
- Snowman: Roll 1" and 3/4" balls. Stack the smaller ball on top of the larger one.
- Scarf: Twist together a 6" log of Brilliant Blue and a 6" log of White FIMO® Soft. Fold and roll this until a marble effect has been achieved. Do not blend colors totally. Flatten clay to 1/8" thick and cut a strip 1/4" wide by 4" long. Wrap around neck of snowman. Trim excess. Flatten two 1/4" balls of blue mix. Shape into triangles. Draw indentations with needle tool. Press triangles to side of scarf.
- Hat: Flatten blue mix to 1/8" and cut a 2" triangle. Wrap triangle around the head until the edges meet. Press seams together and leave point standing. Wrap a 1/4" flattened log of blue mix around base of hat creating brim. Press point of hat down, shape as desired and add a ball of blue mix to the point.
- Face: Roll a small ball of Mandarin FIMO® soft and shape into a carrot. Press on face for nose. Press a seed bead on each side of nose for eyes. Draw in smile with needle tool.
- Arms: Cut two pieces of Black Fun Wire™ 4" long. Twist ends together until a 1/2" loop is created. Fold the loop in towards the center creating the branch. Press one arm to each side of snowman. Place snowman on left side of mirror.
- Accessories: Flatten small ball of Cherry Red and cut out two small hearts. Press to front of snowman. Press small balls of Sunflower Yellow into the star cavities of the Moon Designer Push Mold and remove.
- Tree: Shape one 1/4" and two 1/2" green balls into triangles. Draw marks with needle tool. Stack the smaller triangle on top of the two larger. Add a small brown log at bottom for tree base. Press tree to right side of mirror. Press star on top of tree.
- Place stars onto 11/2" long coiled Black Fun Wire™. Press into mirror as desired.
- Bake at 265°F (130°C) for 45 minutes. When cool, lightly rub blue chalk with cotton swab along base of figure creating shadows. Add pink to cheeks.