You can make this beautiful snowflake vase from Etchworld Armour in six easy steps. This is a great craft for you to have out during the winter months. Colorful flowers will really bring out the snowflake design.
- #21-1612 Over N Over Large Snowflakes stencil
- Armour Etch Cream*, Sand Etch Kit** or Pencil Bottle Blaster***
- #60-6913… 9.5” Bud Vase (or vase of your choice)
- 4-4.5mm Clear Rhinestones
- Glass Glue
- Armour Etch Cream:
- #15-0250 Armour Etch 22 oz
- #15-0150 Armour Etch 3 oz
- #15-0200 Armour Etch 10 oz
- **Sand Etch Kits:
- #70-9001 Sand Etch starter kit
- #70-9000 Sand Etch deluxe kit
- **** Pencil Bottle Blaster (requires a compressor & 220 grit): #61-5020
- Masking tape
- Paper towels
- Disposable small plastic plate or I like using flat blister packaging plastic (for placing a dab of glue on) & running water
- Arrange all of the snowflake stencils randomly around bud vase using project photo as a guide for placement or as desired.
- Cover open spaces in between stencils with masking tape, overlapping edges and covering any glass not to be etched.
- Following package directions that came with either your Armour Etch Cream bottle, Sand Etch Kit or by using standard sandblasting techniques with the Pencil Bottle Blaster, proceed with etching the snowflakes.
- Rinse vase under warm running water until no visible cream or sand remains on glass. Peel off tape, remove stencils, shake off excess water and lay back on carrier sheet to dry. Rinse vase again until no residue of the cream or sand remains.
- Take the plastic plate and put a small dab of glue on it.
- Decorate the centers of the snowflakes with rhinestones by dabbing a small dot of glue slightly smaller than the rhinestone in the center of the flake. (The glue dries quickly, so only do a few at a time) Place rhinestone on glue dot and press down until you see a rim of glue show around edge of stone. Let dry thoroughly. For best results hand wash vase only (dishwasher may strip off stones)