By: Jeanne Baruth for Diamond Tech
Set the mood for a sunset beach party with this Beachside Votive holder from Diamond Tech. These glass votive holders are easy to make and also make great party favors for a beach-themed celebration...plus candles are great at keeping bugs away!
- Generation Green (g2) Bottle Cutter
- 3 glass bottles (that will nest into one another)
- String or cord (to wrap around the top of the cut bottles)
- White Sand
- Beach Glass (Small)
- Shells (Tiny)
- Tea Light Candle
- White Glue
- E6000 Glue
- Read and carefully following the instructions contained within the Generation Green (g2) bottle cutter manual.
- Cover the work area with craft or newspaper.
- Choose three bottles of varying size diameters. This project calls for nesting the bottles to create a tiered votive. Measure from the bottom up on each bottle the following measurements. (A Sharpie works well to mark the glass.)
- Note: Any combination of bases that will nest and tier in height can be substituted.
- Using the bottle cutter, score and break bottles where indicated.
- Smooth the rough edges as instructed in the bottle cutter manual.
- Using string or thin cording wrap around the top portion of each cut bottle 3 times, then cut. Soak each strand in white glue until saturated. Wrap the strings around the top of each cut bottle and allow glue to dry until hardened.
- Squeeze a dollop of E6000 into the center of the largest base. Insert the second base and press down. Twist so that the seams of the cord/string line up on one below it. Repeat this process and insert the last base.
- Once the glue has completely dried. Fill tiers with white sand, beach glass, and tiny shells.
- Insert a small tea light candle into the top tier and let the glow fill the room with warm seaside dreams.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!