30+ Things to Do With Old Wine Bottles
By: Caley Walsh, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Instead of tossing those old wine bottles, use them in a variety of wine bottle crafts. You can create lamps, decorative vases, and hurricanes from old wine bottles, and there are many other things to make with wine bottles. Don't forget to save the corks, too!
To remove the labels from wine bottles, soak them in hot water with a few drops of soap for 20 minutes. Then, simply scrape or peel off the label. You can also keep the wine label intact and create lovely wall art (especially with those fancy French wine labels).
This list of 30+ Things to Do with Old Wine Bottles is full of clever, chic, and just plain stunning wine bottle craft ideas that you are going to adore almost as much as you adore the wine that comes in the bottles. From DIY home décor ideas to surprisingly simple wine bottle crafts ideas to make organizers, these pretty DIY crafts are the wine bottle DIY ideas you have been looking for! If you do not have any bottles to use now, simply bookmark or pin this collection for later.
30+ Things to Do With Old Wine Bottles
Table of Contents
Our collection of 20 Crafts for Wine Bottles provides more great ways to recycle an empty wine bottle. If you're looking for inventive things to do with wine bottles and don't know where to start, this is the perfect collection for you. Learn how to make recycled crafts that you can display with pride.
- Create a Faux Dichroic Glass Recycled Bottle and give your old wine bottles a unexpected look. The fancy bottle can be used to store homemade oils or vinegars, or you can display it as a decorative vase. If you're looking for things to do with old wine bottles, this is the perfect project.
- Turn an empty wine bottle into a Recycled Bottle Lamp. To do this, you need a 1/2-inch glass, tile drill bit or diamond bit, and a string of mini lights. Lay the clean and dry bottle on a cloth.
- After washing and removing labels, fill the empty bottle with bulk dishwashing liquid or a few stems of silk flowers, as seen with the Extraordinary Vase Craft with Recycled Glass.
- Turn wine bottles into drinking glasses or Beaded Glass Votice Candle Holders. Flat-bottomed bottles of certain white wine varieties or Bordeaux wines are best for making drinking glasses. You can even add etched monograms for that extra-classy touch.
- Cut off the top and bottom of a wine bottle to create candle “hurricanes.” Use a bit of wire to create a holder for a tea light or small pillar candle. If you're looking for more things to do with old wine bottles, you can even make Tuscan Lights Candlesticks.
- Use wine bottles to create garden edges. Bury upside down about halfway up or further. For another garden idea, learn about the great Southern tradition of bottle trees.
- Fill with layers of colored sand and set on a windowsill to recall the beach.
- Use as decorative containers for flavored olive oils, such as by adding dried chilies, sun dried tomatoes, dried basil, or rosemary. You can purchase a plastic pour spout for the bottle top.
- Create your own Chalkboard Paint Bottles and write inspiring words or phrases on each one.
- Turn an old wine bottle into a Green Pendant Wind Chime. You can use the spout or simply cut off the bottom of the wine bottle and use a shell or other weight for the chime.
Looking for even more reasons to indulge in a glass of wine? Be sure to download your own free copy of 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles, a free eBook filled with great ideas for reusing old bottles and corks. One look at this eBook and you'll never look at your glass bottles the same way again!
If you liked our Top 10 Ideas for Wine Bottle Crafts, you'll love these bonus projects. It can be difficult to figure out what to do with empty wine bottles, but that's where these eco-friendly and inexpesive wine bottle crafts come in. Check out these easy tutorials and make some crafts for home, garden, parties, and more.
- Snowball Wine Bottle Vases
- Beachside Votive
- Wine Bottle Herb Garden - Hello, garden!
- Decoupaged Mosaic Wine Bottle
- Tuscan Grapes Wine Bottle
- Tissue Wine Bottle Vases
- Illuminated Wine Bottle
- Candy Corn Wine Bottle Craft
- Wine Bottle Topiary - Such a trendy and unique idea!
- Hemp Wrapped Wine Bottle
- Wine Bottle Candle Shelter
- Wine Bottle Pendant Necklace
- Stars and Stripes Wine Bottle Centerpiece
- Old Textured Beach Bottles - Reader fave. Click to see why.
- I Heart Wine Bottle Stopper
- Wine Bottle DIY Christmas Decor
- Love Letter Wine Bottles
- DIY Wine Bottle Centerpiece
- Upcycled Looking Glass Wine Bottles
- NEW Customizable Wine Bottle Crafts
- NEW Free Printable Teacher's Appreciation Gift - Give the gift of wine!
- NEW! Meow-verlous Wine Bottle Craft
How to Remove Wine Bottle Labels
If you are going to be making wine bottle crafts, just one thing stands in your way - the label! Learn how to remove pesky wine bottle labels completely when you check out our full tutorial: How to Remove Labels from Wine Bottles: 2 Solutions.
Now that you've made some fabulous crafts out of wine bottles, what should you do with the corks you've been saving? These DIY cork projects can be just for fun or totally useful, depending on your needs. You can use wine corks to make pieces of home decor as well as everyday items like keychains. Once you've tried some of these cute crafts with corks, you'll start collecting these bottle stoppers in earnest.
- Succulent Wine Cork Planter Magnets
- Quirky Cork Wedding Favors
- Coaster Wine Cork Crafts
- NEW! Poppy Wine Cork Painting
- NEW! Cork DIY Photo Clips
Check out our full collection of wine cork crafts.
Get ready for indoor and outdoor entertaining with these extra 10 Clever Wine Bottle Crafts. You'll love all of the genius crafts with wine bottles in this guide and will want to host a wine and craft party immediately. Create cute decor and fun gifts for all of your favorite people - it's never been easier to make show-stopping wine bottle crafts.
Which do you prefer:
White wine, red wine, or any wine anytime?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts