Make this elegant monogrammed plaque for the new bride or the newlyweds with a touch of metallic paint.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DAO70 - Shimmering Silver
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Foam plate
- 1/4" and 1/2" flat brushes
- Small flat or round brush
- Craft knife
- Scrapbooking paper (We used Deja Views Wedding theme 8X8 papers:WD806 - Faded Paisley 0-8835905195-9; WD801 - Paisley Vine 0-8835905185-0.)
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Letter patterns
- Unfinished wood plaques: 3" x 5" oval, 200BU Demis Products; 5" x 7" rectangle, 300BU Demis Products
Sand wood surface lightly and wipe off dust before painting. A hair dryer on low heat setting can be used to speed drying process of paint, sealer, and glue.
1. Paint side of rectangle plaque and lower side of oval plaque Lamp Black. Let dry.
2. Paint upper side of oval plaque Shimmering Silver and let dry.
3. Apply light coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer to painted areas of plaques; let dry.
4. Measure tops of plaques; cut paper for each plaque approximately 1" larger than measurements. Apply thin, even coat of tacky glue to top of each plaque. Center and attach paper piece to tops of plaques, smoothing flat. Press face down on surface and press lightly from back to remove any air bubbles. Let dry.
5. Lay plaques paper-side down on protected surface and use sharp craft knife to trim paper to edge of plaque.
6. Scribble with pencil on back of letter pattern to cover completely. Trace around outline of letters from front of paper to transfer to center of oval plaque surface.
7. Use Lamp Black to fill in letter outlines; let dry.
8. Apply light coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer over plaques, using hair dryer to speed drying and avoid paper wrinkling.
9. Use lo-temp glue to glue back of oval plaque over center of rectangle plaque.
Letter pattern can be cut from publication or printed off computer: letter for last name is 2" high; letters for first names are 1".