Make your own card to give to the bride and groom on their special day. The blushing bride wedding card is a cute, 3D card you can make yourself. These do it yourself wedding crafts are so easy to do!
- Scraps of lace and ribbon
- White paper for dress
- Hole punch
- Glue Dots
- Corner rounder punch
- First, make the card blank. You can make it however you'd like, but I made mine by folding a piece of cardstock in half and rounding the corners with a corner punch.
- Punch holes along the perimeter of the card (only on the front side) about an inch apart, punching the corners on an angle.
- Cut two pieces of equal-length ribbon and secure them to the inside of the card, then weave them through the holes toward each other, and tie them together in a bow then they meet in the middle.
- Now it's time to make the dress. You can draw a dress shape freehand, use a die-cut machine, or find a dress shape image online and print it off. I drew mine freehand on a piece of white paper, then cut it out.
- Take a piece of lace and wrap it around the bottom of the paper skirt, securing with a glue dot in the back. Repeat for the second tier of the skirt.
- Attach your rosette or other embellishment to the waistband of the dress using a glue dot.
- Adhere the finished dress to the middle of the card with glue dots.
- Cut a small length of wide, white, translucent ribbon to use for the veil. Optional: I trimmed it with some lace scraps as well.
- Attach the ribbon to the card above the dress, using glue dots, to make it look like it's billowing in the breeze!