Flowered Wallpaper Tag Book
By: Maria Nerius for CreateForLess.com
Create a gorgeous flowered book out of tags to give as wedding favors or keep for yourself.
- Large Tag (4 1/4” x 7”) Pattern Included
- Heavyweight paper or chipboard
- Coordinated Scrapbooking Paper (Solid, Pattern, Strip)
- Scotch Glue Stick Permanent
- Darice Finishing Accents Trim Green and Pink/Fuchsia
- Westrim Paper Bliss Happy Flowers or Other Paper Flowers
- Purple Cows Trimmer or Scissors
- Cut 2 tags from heavy weight paper/chipboard and as many additional tags from regular paper (lined or unlined) as you desire for your tag book. Lay one of the heavy weight paper tags in front of you lengthwise, the hole of the tag is to your left. Note photo for placement. Make sure you have at least marked the hole placement on the tags.
- Take a 3” x 5” piece of solid color paper and adhere it to the top front of tag. You’ll have to trim the sides.
- Take a 5” x 4 1/4" piece of decorative paper (sample shows a flower print) and adhere to tag.
- Take a 4 5/8” x 2 1/4" stripped paper and adhere to top on decorative paper on tag front.
- Punch and open hole at left of tag. Make sure all the rest of the inside tags and the back tag also have holes. Thread fibers and ribbons through the holes to bind the book. Do not trim or knot these fibers and ribbons just yet.
- Instead of knotting the fibers and ribbons together (like is usually done with tags) you are going to glue them together. Dab small amount of glue to the tag pressing the fibers/ribbon onto it and lightly glue the fibers/ribbons to each other. Allow to dry. This will give a smoother look to the finished tag book. You want to make sure your ribbon is laying flat so you can adhere some paper flowers to at least one of the strands.
- Finishing touch is the paper flowers. See photo for sample’s placement or create your own. Note that paper flowers were adhered to the ribbon too. Trim fibers and ribbons to liking.