Spring is traditionally considered the start of "wedding season," so why not tie this theme in to your wedding decor. Bird and Egg Favors from Melony Bradley are a fantastic wedding craft idea because they're inexpensive and adorable. Guests will remember the occasion long after it's over.
- Basket filler
- Jelly bird eggs
- Scraponizer minis
- Stamp and ink
- Craft punch
- Hole punch
- I purchased some inexpensive brown shredded basket filler (from the dollar store) and these jelly bird eggs which are readily available with all the Easter candy out right now (or use jordan almonds).
- Pinch off a little of the basket filler and insert it into one of the Scraponizer mini's. Fill with five or six pieces (I always like to keep the number even, for luck) of the same color.
- I chose to use a little bird stamp to embellish these little treasures. I stamped the bird on light colored cardstock several times.
- Next, I punched the bird out, using a 5/8" circle punch.
- I then punched scalloped edged circles using this clever lever craft punch from Marvy Uchida. I punched from recycled chipboard but you could also substitute kraft colored cardstock when making several.
- Next, I used a heavy duty hole punch to punch a hole in the side of the Scraponizer mini while it was closed.
- I layered the punched circles, punched a hole in the circle and used some sheer ribbon to tie the bird image on, threading it through the punched hole.
- A rub on, adhered to vintage encyclopedia paper, makes a pretty addition, as does a few self adhesive gems and a tiny bit of floral greenery glued to the bow.