Make your special day memorable with a photo frame. Capture the feel and joy of your wedding day with this wedding craft idea. Give this frame as a gift to the bride or the bride can even make it herself!
DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Acrylics
- Americana Multi-Purpose Sealer
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Unfinished wood frame, Hobby Lobby #429175
- 1 1/2" x 1/8" wood heart, The Wood Shoppe #165761
- 2" chipboard letters, The Paper Studio: "I" #866350; "do" #866376
- Scrapbook paper (We used one sheet each of The Paper Studio, Gold Damask #181933 and Gold Wedding Intricate #545475.)
- 6" wide ivory bridal tulle, #753723
- Bridal floral picks: rose #916338; spray#914820
- Foam plate
- 1/4" flat brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Craft knife
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Use 3/4" flat brush and Desert Sand to paint frame. Use 1/4" flat brush to paint letters and heart. Let dry.
- Use 3/4" flat brush to paint even, thin coat of tacky glue on top surface of frame. Lay glue side down on gold scrapbook paper, aligning edges along two sides; press down. Flip frame paper side up and use fingers to spread out paper flat, removing any wrinkles; let glue dry.
- Use craft knife to trim paper to edges of frame on all sides and at opening.
- Tear 3" wide strip from length of remaining scrapbook paper sheet. Apply thin coat of tacky glue to back of strip and place across center of frame, using fingers to smooth out paper and remove wrinkles. Let glue dry.
- Apply coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer to frame, heart, and letters; let dry.
- Cut two 14" lengths of tulle from roll. Place across top border of frame and glue ends of lengths to back of frame on left side. Stretch tulle slightly to form even gathering and glue opposite ends to back of frame on right side. Trim ends or excess if needed.
- Cut two 6" lengths of tulle from roll. Lay lengths together with ends aligned and tie in knot at center to form bow. Trim ends evenly.
- Trim stem on rose to 1" and bend stem to lay flat against back of rose. Refer to photo and glue back of rose to upper right area of frame.
- Glue center of bow to left of rose.
- Divide floral spray pick and place flowers in each group with uneven ends and twist ends together. Use lo-temp glue gun to glue one bunch of ends beneath rose, facing downward on right border of frame. Glue remaining bunch of ends under bow.
- Glue heart, at angle, over center of bow and conceal ends of floral spray.
- Refer to photo to glue backs of "I do" to lower left of frame.
We used Americana Acrylic to match scrapbook paper.
Use hair dryer on low heat setting to speed drying of paints and glue under paper, which helps to avoid excess wrinkling of paper.