Keeping track of cards at a bridal event is a piece of cake with this clever box done up like a wedding cake.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO31 - Baby Pink
- DA257 - Bleached Sand
- DAW01 - White
- DAW235 - Citron Green
- DAW250 - Bubblegum Pink
- Swag Pattern
- "Cards" Pattern
- Foam brushes
- 3/4" foam round pouncer brush
- Foam plate
- Tape measure
- Craft knife
- Lo-temp glue gun
- 1 yard of 6" wide white tulle net
- Wedding dove/lovebird set
- Pink silk roses
- Small circular papier mache box, 3" high x 7-1/2" diameter
- Medium circular papier mache box, 6" high x 10-1/2" diameter
- Large papier circular mache box, 7-1/2" high x 13" diameter
- Refer to photo for placement of card slot; use craft knife to cut 1/2" high x 7-1/2" long horizontal slot on side of large box 1-3/4" from top edge.
- Basecoat outer edges of boxes and lids Bleached Sand, allowing to dry after each coat.
- Use Snow White to paint outer rims of box lids; allow to dry after each coat.
- Measure around outer rim of large box lid; use pencil to mark dots every 3-3/4" at center of rim. Repeat with medium box, marking every 2-3/4"; repeat with small box, marking every 2-1/2". (Note: If measurements do not come out evenly, odd measurement will be placed at back side.) Use pouncer brush and Baby Pink to paint large dots over marks around lid rims and allow to dry.
- Use Bubblegum Pink Writer to outline Baby Pink dots and draw spiral inward over each dot to form roses. Allow to dry.
- Refer to photo and use Citron Green Writer to paint dot below each rose at edge of lid rim and heart-shaped leaves on roses. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Place lids on boxes. Use pencil to make small dots below Citron Green dots just below edge of lids; remove lids. Lightly trace swag patterns for each box between dots.
- Center and trace word "cards" below card slot, 2" from bottom of box.
- Use White Writer to trace over lines of swags and letters; allow paint to dry.
- Stack boxes as shown; glue in position if desired.
- Glue roses to center of top lid in circle; tie net into bow and glue over center of roses. Glue birds over center of bow.