Look through the number in the looking glass to see a flickering candle! Through the Looking-Glass Candles from Jen Carreiro are lovely DIY wedding crafts that create a gleaming, lovely ambience for your wedding or event and mark the tables for your guests.
- Krylon Looking Glass Spray Paint
- glass jars
- large sticker numbers or letters
- Start by cleaning your glass. Using the alcohol dabbed onto a paper towel, make sure to wipe down every part of the glass that will be painted. This will remove anything from greasy finger prints to price tag goo. Let the alcohol dry.
- Next, firmly apply your choice of large number or letter to your glass jar.
- Move outside to your favorite ‘spray paint location’ and start spraying. The directions say to shake vigorously for two minutes and continually shake in between sprays and coats. If you need to, gently turn your glass making sure to only touch the bottom. I painted four light coats on each jar. In some areas the paint pooled and dripped a little, but with the coats of paint that followed, the drips disappeared. Multiple lighter coats are better than one heavy coat.
- Once your jars are completely dry, gently peel off the stickers. If you scratch at the paint, it will come off – so I used my scissors to push the sticker up instead of scratching my nails on the glass. You will notice on the top part of my 8 there was a little bleeding, use your finger nail to scratch away any paint that bled. Add your candle and it’s a wrap!