These easy ribbon bows make a beautiful wedding decoration. Use them to decorate the church pews, chairs or reception tables. They are easy to make and will help you save money for the rest of your wedding expenses.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Crystal micro-bead assortment, one bag
- Double-sided tape, 1/2" wide
- White or ivory ribbon: lace/pearl wire-edged, 2-1/2" x 3 yds.
- tulle wire-edged, 5" x 4 yds.
- organdy, 1/2" x 1-1/2 yds.
- Faceted crystal spray
- White or ivory mini rose
- Green reindeer moss, small amount: light; medium
- Fine-gauge floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Floral shears
- Tape measure or ruler
- Wooden skewer
- Paper plate
- Insert wooden skewer into back of foam heart. Holding skewer, carefully and completely cover front and sides of foam heart with double-sided tape. Avoid touching adhesive with fingers. Remove protective liners.
- Carefully open micro-bead bag and pour onto paper plate; extra beads may be returned to bag upon project completion. Press exposed areas of heart into beads. Use fingers to press beads to any open areas; fill in open areas with smaller beads from package. Gently tap heart against plate to dislodge loose beads. Remove skewer.
- Cut rose from stem and glue to heart center. Glue small pieces of moss to back edges of heart.
- Use wire cutters to cut one two-yard length from wire. Cut tulle into 1- and 3-yd. lengths.
- Bend lace ribbon into six-loop bow with 12" tails; each loop uses 12" of ribbon. Secure bow center with floral wire; do not cut wire. Fluff loops as desired.
- Bend 3-yd. tulle length into four-loop bow with 15" tails. Wire tulle bow to back of lace bow; do not cut wire. Fluff loops as desired.
- For pew ties, knot center of remaining tulle length around center of bow.
- Bend organdy ribbon into loopy bow slightly larger than foam heart. Wire bow to center of lace bow; do not cut wire.
- Trim crystal stem as needed and wire to center of bow as shown. Spot glue to secure. Trim wire.
- Glue heart to center of bow. Secure crystal stem to back of heart with T-pin; spot glue to secure. Glue reindeer moss to exposed glue or wire.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.