Are you looking for unique table numbers for weddings? Instead of numbering your tables with boring numbers, use these geeky math table numbers to personalize the reception! Amuse your guests with these wedding reception decoration ideas.
- Picture frames: one for each table
- Patterned paper or printer paper and a printer
- Paper cutter
- Electronic Cutting Machine or exacto knife
- Glue stick
- I bought 99 cent frames from Ikea that were 4"x6", so I knew my table numbers had to fit those dimensions. The first thing I did was make the polka dot background. I found a polka dot image online, but you can also create your own. Or, even easier, you can just use patterned paper! If you don't use patterned paper, just resize the image on your computer to be 4"x6", then print it out.
- Trim your paper down to eliminate the margins.
- Next, use your electronic cutting machine (Cricut, Silhoutte, etc.) to cut numbers out. I used my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge. Adhere these to the polka dot background using a glue stick.
- Come up with math expressions that evaluate down to each number. You can use trignometry, calculus, or even simple arithmetic. It's up to you how complicated you want to make it. You may have to enlist the help of a math enthusiast for this step! You can copy mine as well, but keep in mind that I was very liberal with my rounding, so some of my expressions aren't exact (shh..don't tell anyone!).
- Print these expressions and trim them down, then glue them above each yellow number onto the polka dot background. Slip each table number into a frame.