33 Summer Wedding Ideas + 6 New Great Ideas
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Summer is definitely wedding season, so try these DIY wedding decorations, unique wedding ideas, and do it yourself wedding crafts on for size. You can make pretty much anything wedding related. Instead of spending thousands on bouquets, make your own faux flowers. Craft beautiful centerpieces yourself to put your own stamp on your special day.
If you're a wedding guest, snag these ideas for homemade wedding gifts too.
39 Summer Wedding Ideas Table of Contents
Make faux flowers for your wedding and save a bundle! You can make cute flowers out of just about anything--crepe paper, silk, tulle, etc. These summer wedding flower ideas are so simple to make, and they won't wilt in the summer heat.
- Rose Bouquet Ball: Create the perfect decoration for a wedding with pink or red silk roses. The technique is simple to follow and the results are simply gorgeous. Make a few to hang around the church or reception venue. With decorations like these summer wedding ideas, your guests will be in awe of your crafting skills!
- Crepe Paper Rose Bouquet: This crepe paper rose bouquet is perfect for a summer wedding. A bunch of these would make a beautiful paper wedding bouquet to toss to a lucky bride to be at the end of the night!
- DIY Pomanders: Hang these cute DIY Pomanders from the pews or from the backs of chairs at your wedding ceremony. You can also have your bridesmaids carry these down the aisle instead of bouquets.
- Heart Ribbon Pew Bow: These cute ribbon bows are great additions to your flower bouquet or something to add to tables and reception decor.
- Tulle Flowers: These tulle flowers would make a beautiful centerpiece for your spring wedding. They would also look cute weaved into your hair on your big day.
- Handmade Paper Rose: Don't spend a ton of money on flowers, make your own with this easy paper rose craft! These can liven up a table decoration or they can be handed out as favors to guests at your wedding.
- NEW! Bridal Fabric Flowers: This classic wedding hairpiece would suit any bride. Save some money by making your own wedding accessories and create a unique hair band that no bride has ever worn before!
Your reception can be as unique as you and your fiance when you try out these DIY wedding centerpiece ideas. Make adorable keepsake votive holders, tall and dramatic centerpieces, or even a whimsical feather topiary to decorate your tables in style. If you're looking for summer wedding ideas, these beat-the-heat centerpieces are the way to go!
- Button Candles: Looking for a cheap and easy wedding craft to make yourself? These Button Candles make excellent table decor that double as favors! You only need a few materials to create one of these adorable keepsakes.
- Wedding Votive Trio: A trio of candles looks beautiful on the center of a table, and you can customize them to suit your special day! This easy craft is a great one for thrifty brides, as most of the materials you need can be found in the dollar store!
- Feather Wedding Topiary: This lovely topiary is a great table decoration for spring and summer weddings. It's light and feathery, so it's great for adding a soft touch to your decor scheme.
- Paper Flower Centerpiece: This simple and stunning paper flower display is great for any type of wedding. It's simple and easy to make, so it's perfect for small and intimate wedding gatherings. You an even keep them on display year round when the wedding is over.
- Altered Votive Candle: This soft votive candle holder is a great wedding centerpiece idea. Put this votive on a small mirror and circle some petals around it for a spring wedding display that's sure to please.
- NEW! Bountiful Hydrangea Pomander: This lovely centerpiece is a floral crafters dream! Simply stunning with lovely hydrangeas, this soft wedding centerpiece is great for indoor and outdoor weddings, and would be beautiful if the bride is having purple in the wedding.
What's a wedding without favors? Use these summer wedding ideas to get inspiration for making your own favors. Your added touch will make your guests feel so appreciated!
- Polka Dot Favor Boxes:These elegant favor boxes, personalized with Paper Effects, are perfect mementos for your wedding guests. The glitter makes them sophisticated, while the polka dots keep them fun! Store personalized favors inside for your guests to take home.
- Wedding Favor Box: Fill this cute wedding favor box with chocolates, Jordan almonds, or small little candies to thank your guests for helping you celebrate your special day. You could also use this for favors for the bridal shower, a birthday celebration, or anniversary party.
- Place Cards: These wedding placecards are so elegant and easy to make. Guests will love how intricate and detailed these place cards are, but you don't have to tell them how easy they were to put together!
- Feather Wedding Flower Cone: You can fill these pretty flower cones with anything you'd like! Place them on each plate for guests to take home after the reception. These cones make great favors and they work up quickly, so it's easy to make them for all your guests.
- Cookie Favors: And you can't go wrong with baked goods! Your guests will love that you went the extra mile to hand make them something for your wedding. These delicious cookies may look too good to eat, but we highly suggest you dig in!
- NEW! Bright and Bountiful Wedding Gift Bag: This bright and vibrant gift bag is perfect for wrapping up favors. This craft is great for a spring or summer wedding.
Don't forget to craft for your wedding day look, or your wedding party! You can make jewelry and accessories for yourself, your bridesmaids, and your flower girl with these summer wedding ideas to DIY. Don't leave any detail of your wedding to chance--make every aspect count by making as much yourself as you can!
- Flower Girl Baskets: If you're looking to save money for your wedding, get creative and make your own flower girl baskets. They're easy to make and you'll be so proud of yourself. DIY wedding crafts are great for any bride.
- Die-Cut Wedding Dress: Turn your budget wedding dress buy into something glamourous with this die-cut wedding dress project! You can embellish your dress with elegant paper flowers to add something special and unique to your wedding dress.
- Flower Girl Crown: This lovely and lightweight flower girl crown is great for your little flower girl! Made with paper flowers, this crown is easy to wear and fun to show off. Use whatever colored paper you'd like to create the perfect crown for your perfect little girl!
- Flower Girl Dress: And when you're done making the crown, here's the perfect dress to match! This flower girl dress is so cute and perfect for a little girl to wear! She'll love it so much that she'll want to wear it all the time!
- Pearl Flower Shoe Clip: This pearl accent looks great on a shoe, but you can also use it for jewelry or a hair clip. Pearls make a great wedding accessory addition and it's an easy and elegant way to add some femininity to your big day! Don't forget to make some for your bridesmaids, too!
- Flower Girl Headband: Create this shimmering, flowered headband for a flower girl or attendant with flower patterns and simple painting.
- NEW! Paper and Bead Wedding Jewelry: This bracelet and earring wedding day set is great for the bride or could be made for the bridesmaids to wear. This jewelry is lightweight and sweet, so it can be worn again for any occasion.
If you're a wedding guest, you can use these summer wedding ideas too! Make homemade wedding cards and gifts for the bride and groom with these instructions. You can also make homemade wedding invitations and more using these easy tutorials.
- Pastel Flower Wedding Invitation: Follow this Spellbinders design to create pretty wedding invitations with The Wizard die-cutting machine. Watch the video demonstration to make your own wedding invitations.
- Wedding Cake Card Box: Make sure that no cards get lost on your big day with this cute wedding cake card box. Guests can rest assured that their gifts will be kept safe when they're slid into this cute card box.
- Will You Be My Bridesmaids? Cards: Ask your favorite girls to stand by you on your big day with these cute bridesmaids cards. You could even give them a little hint of what you want their dress to look like on the outside of the card!
- Mrs. Gift Bag: Have a gift for the Mrs.? Wrap it up in this cute gift bag idea.
- Wedding Attire Frame: Remember your special day by framing your favorite photo in this cute wedding frame. Embellished with stickers, this frame also makes a great handmade wedding gift for the happy couple.
- Wedding Cake Quilt Block: If you have the time, this wedding quilt would be a beautiful gift for the new couple. They're sure to love all the intricate detail that this beautiful quilt block involves.
- NEW! Bridesmaid Tote Bag: Thank your ladies for all their help by making them these cute Bridesmaids totebags! They'll have lots of fun showing them off and they're easy and fun for the bride to make, however busy she may be!
Here are even more summer wedding ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Use one or all of these projects to make your reception one of a kind. You can make many of these crafts with a small budget and some beginner crafting skills.
- Charming Heart Straws: Make these charming heart straws for your wedding or your next party! They're so easy to make with your Cricut machine and some glue dots. These straws make cheap summer wedding ideas, and your guests will love sipping through them!
- Unity Candle: This unity candle is so easy and fun to make. What better way to honor two becoming one than by lighting a unity candle that was made by hand?
- 3-Tiered Wedding Serving Tray: Serve little finger foods on this cute 3-Tiered Wedding tray. And when the wedding is over, you can use this cute DIY craft to store your jewelry!
- Wedding Glass with Pearls: Enjoy your first toast as a married couple with these sweet pearl adorned wedding glasses. These also make a great gift for the bride for the wedding shower.
- Turquoise and Brown Wedding Decorations: Still looking for the perfect wedding color combinations? What about teal and brown? This wedding set is great for a wedding in any season, and turquoise is always fashionable, so it would be easy to find lots of decor to match!
- NEW! "I Do" Paper Bunted Banner: This cute paper banner is great for a country or outdoor wedding. Hang it up during the ceremony or reception.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bridal Emergency Kit
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas + 6 New Great Ideas
- 17 Cheap Wedding Ideas for Fall Weddings
- "DIY Wedding eBook"
- "33 Summer Wedding Ideas" eBook
- Wedding Guest Book
- 17 Do It Yourself Wedding Invitations, Favors, and Decorations
- 20 Homemade Wedding Favors
- Polka Dot Paradise Pinwheels
- DIY Pomanders
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques