Wear this dress from I Love to Create everyday rain or shine. The tie-dye features are so much fun to create. This would make a great gift for one of your close friends.
- Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kits™
- Primary Colors
- Dress, 100% cotton, white
- Butcher paper
- Garbage bags
- Plastic tablecloths, 2
- Chalk, white
- Paper towels
- Spray bottle with water
- Prewash garment to remove sizing, do not dry. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Lay tablecloth over work surface, taping edges to hold smooth. Lay damp garment onto work surface, smoothing out wrinkles.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottles. Replace caps tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- Apply a circular pattern of red dye onto upper center of dress. Follow with orange and yellow. Squeeze each dye color in centers and zig zag with tip. Spritz with water to moisten and blend colors.
- Squeeze some green next to yellow, followed with turquoise and blue at lower edge. Repeat procedure to dye sleeves. Cover with garbage bag. Let set for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare a second workspace with a clean tablecloth. Have someone help you carefully lift dress and turn over onto work surface. Apply dye to back of dress. Let set overnight.
- Machine wash with a little soap in cool water. Rinse. Dry. Iron.
- Insert Fashion Form into dress to prevent paint seeping through.
- Enlarge pattern to fit dress. Apply chalk over lines on reverse side of pattern. Lay right side up onto dress. Trace over lines, using pencil to transfer chalk to dress. Draw elongated oval shapes continuing to bottom of dress. Shapes need not be exact.
- Start flow of 3D Paint on a paper towel, applying an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line.
- Trace small sections of chalk lines at a time, using Black 3D Paint. Lay butcher paper gently onto paint to blot. Lift straight up to remove. Let dry. Repeat procedure on other side of dress.
- Complete designs on sleeves in same manner.
- Wait 72 hours to wash. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry. To iron, turn garment inside out, being careful not to touch 3D design with iron. Do not dry clean.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!