A plain white T-shirt is the perfect canvas for your creative expressions! Grab your trusty scissors, ultra soft Tulip Metallic colors and your favorite Glam-It-Up designs to create this fun apron for your favorite chef, brought to you by I Love to Create.
- Tulip® Multi-Surface Stencil™
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- BI15809 Copper
- BI15828 Purple
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Fashion Designs™
- Wavy edge scissors
- Wedge makeup sponges
- Spray bottle of water (optional)
- White t-shirt
- Brush #1 liner
- Lay shirt on work surface and smooth with hands. Use wavy-edge scissors to cut across shirt just under sleeves and hem from bottom of shirt. The apron is two layers thick (including the front and back of shirt).
- Fold over top cut edge (about 2”). Use straight-edge scissors to snip in about ½” and about 1” apart along folded edge to create slits for waistband. Open and smooth flat.
- Cut hem strip to create a tie. Weave one end through slits to create a waistband.
- Peel Skull stencil from backing, removing all black sections. Press where desired (we positioned ours along left side of apron). Press finger along cut edges to prevent seepage. Add low tack masking tape along edges if you need to extend edges of stencil.
- Squeeze a puddle of Copper onto foil. Tap flat end of wedge sponge into paint, then pounce into stencil. Carefully remove stencil. Repeat to create two more skull designs.
- Iron Glam-It-Up designs where desired. Peel off white backing sheet, position in place, then iron on, following package instructions.
- Squeeze a small puddle of Purple Metallic onto foil. Use brush to add a few drops of water. Mix with brush, adding more water as needed to thin to consistency of milk. Cover skull designs with paper towel. Fill brush with thinned paint, then flick over apron to create spatters. Fill brush for each spattering and change directions for an interesting look. Clean brush, then repeat spattering with Copper Metallic. Let dry.
- To create a watercolor look, lightly spritz the fabric with water so the spatters spread. Let dry.