15 Free Scarf Patterns
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Cold weather is coming, so use these 15 free scarf patterns to keep warm outside! We've got free crochet patterns, beginner knitting patterns for scarves, and free sewing craft patterns. With these free scarf patterns, there's something for everyone.
15 Free Scarf Patterns Table of Contents
Crochet scarves are extra warm and cozy, and they're quick to make. This convertible cowl is one of the most versatile free scarf patterns because it can be worn as a scarf or a hood. It's the gift that keeps on giving! Plus, try 5 more free scarf patterns to crochet this winter.
Convertible Cowl: This pattern is great for beginners! You can wear it as a cowl or a hood, so it's like 2 projects in one!
Paradores Infinity Scarf: This infinity scarf can be worn around your neck, over your shoulder, or several other ways. These are great projects to make for the fall and winter and they make great accessories to any outfit.
Colorful Block Scarf: It you like making a statement with color, you'll love this color block scarf. Make it with 2 or 3 solid strong colors for a scarf that's sure to stand out.
Funky Ruffled Scarf: This funky ruffled scarf is great for adding some color to your wardrobe. Wear it for a night out on the town or use it to add some dimension to your favorite outfit.
Pineapple Scarf: Perfect for all year long, this pineapple scarf is a great statement accessory. This is a great project for the more advanced crochet fans.
Crochet Granny Square Scarf: Can't get enough granny squares? Then you're going to love this scarf! It's easy to make and makes a wonderful gift for anyone!
- NEW! Beginner Crochet Hat and Scarf Set: This colorful hat and scarf set is great for anyone. It's perfect for beginners since it's easy to make and both pieces work up quickly and easily.
Knit scarves might take longer to make than crochet scarves (except for this Two Hours or Less Scarf!), but they are made with love and they also keep you extra toasty in the winter weather. Try one of these free scarf patterns to knit for yourself or a loved one.
Two Hours or Less Scarf: Even if you have just 2 hours, you can still make this easy knit scarf! This winter accessory works up quickly and is perfect for keeping you nice and warm!
Cable Knit Scarf: This beautiful cable scarf is great for men and women. The center cable pattern is great for those who are new to cable knitting. This is one scarf you'll be proud of!
Neck Warmer Collar: You could use this collar to keep your neck and head warm, depending on how you wear it. This is a great project for new knitters and makes a great gift for teens and adults alike!
Stylish Cable Knit Scarf: If you're looking for a gift for someone, why not knit them a hat and scarf set like this one? This stylish set can be adapted to suit the needs of a man or woman.
- NEW! Autumn Garter Stitch Entrelac Scarf: The colors of autumn make this scarf come alive. This is a great accessory for those cooler autumn nights that fail to keep you indoors!
If sewing is your craft of choice, check out these free scarf patterns to make with fabric and a sewing machine (or a needle and thread). These scarves will keep you just as warm, depending on what fabric you choose, and they're even faster to make!
Linen and Lace Scarf: This simple scarf tutorial is great for adding a soft touch to your wardrobe. It's the perfect way to keep warm on those cooler spring evenings.
Summer Scarf: If you're looking for something light and fun to wear in the summer, or indoors during the winter, this is the scarf for you! This ruffled summer scarf is sure to please anyone and adds a nice look the casual tee shirt and jeans outfit.
Scrunchy Scarf: This Scrunchy Scarf is great for using up that old tee you don't wear anymore. Since it's made with tee shirt fabric, it's light weight and it won't bother your skin.
Faux Weave Scarf: For those who know how to weave, this is a great project to do! Get the look of an artsy scarf with this no hassel weaving tutorial.
T-Shirt Scarf: Do you have a tee shirt you just can't bear to part with? Turn it into a scarf! With this tutorial, you can reuse the tee so you can still see the graphic and wear it anytime you want, without worrying that it's ripped or doesn't fit!
- NEW! Colorblocked T Shirt Scarf: Grab those old tees and turn them into this stylish colorblocked scarf. This accessory is great to wear indoors and out, and since it's made from old tee shirts, it's easy to wash and wear!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie