Scrapbook paper, acrylics and ribbon make this spectacular soccer wall art. This would look great in any boys room. You can make it in six easy steps ready for hanging.
For more great wall art designs, check out 19 Cool Wall Art and Decor Ideas.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Scrapbook embellishments: stickers, rub-ons, buttons, charms
- Acrylic craft paint, black
- Scrapbook paper: soccer theme, red
- Stiff paint brush
- Cardboard strips, three 16" x 1-3/4" (optional)
- Ribbon, ½" x 18"
- Straight pins, two
- Thick white craft glue
(Note: Materials and Instructions are for the Soccer Wall Art made with nine, 6" discs. You can also adapt these instructions to make the individual soccer bulletin boards shown by using one 9" or 12" disc.)
- Paint black the edges of 6" disks of STYROFOAM™ brand foam. Extend paint to cover ¼" around the top edge of each disc. Let dry.
- Trace the 9 disks onto the reverse side of the scrapbook papers. Cut out circles.
- Adhere papers to fronts of discs, using a thin, even layer of white craft glue. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and will smooth out as the glue dries.)
- Arrange discs in a 3 x 3 grid, using a straight edge to be sure they're square. Spread glue on end of toothpick and insert ½ way into each edge that adjoins another disc; spread glue on other end of toothpick and on edge of discs. Push discs together.
- Optional: For additional support, glue a 16" x 1-3/4" strip of cardboard behind each row of discs.
- Pin and glue the ends of a length of ribbon to the back to hang.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow