If you like animals and safari trips then this is the perfect craft for you. Make some safari printed wall art for your home. You can create a whole new level of design.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets: vignette shown includes one 36" x 12" x 1"; one 24" x 12" x 1"; and two 12" x 12" x 1" (12" x 36" x 1" sheet can be easily cut into smaller sizes)
- Disc: one 12" x 1"
- Ribbon, 1" x 38" (optional; to cover edges of 12" disc)
- Fabrics to cover foam sheets and disc (½ yard will cover two 12" x 12" squares; or one 12" x 24" rectangle; or one 12" x 36" rectangle)
- Poster adhesive or small sawtooth hangers and nails
- Straight pins
- Optional: Yardstick or ruler; pencil; serrated knife and old candle; dental floss
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- To cut a sheet of STYROFOAM™ brand foam into smaller sizes, use ruler and pencil to measure and mark cutting line. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin and cut along scored line. Or, use dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- Cut fabric pieces 5 to 6 inches larger than size of foam sheet. Center first foam sheet on reverse side of corresponding fabric pieces. Fold edges around sheet of STYROFOAM™ brand foam, wrapping like a package and smoothly mitering corners. Pin fabric edges to secure. Spot glue as necessary.
- Repeat, till all foam pieces are covered.
- To cover the foam disc, trace around disc on selected fabric. Cut out fabric circle and glue to foam disc. Wrap ribbon around edge, pinning and gluing in place.
- Use poster adhesive to attach to wall. Or, glue sawtooth hangers to back of each panel; for additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger; let dry.
- To change the look, simply remove pins and fabric and cover with new.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow