Brighten up any room with these pink stripes and squares wall art. They make for great home decor and they're easy to make. Some ribbon and scrapbook paper really know how to pull this all together.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets, three 12" x 36" x 1"; or eight 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Ribbon, 1" x 11 yds.
- Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", eight sheets (heavier weight)
- Straight pins (optional)
- Sawtooth picture hangers, eight; or poster putty
- Thick, white craft glue
- Putty knife
- Optional: If using 12" x 36" x 1" foam sheets, additional supplies include ruler, pencil, serrated knife, old candle, dental floss
- If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step 2. Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across the score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Repeat for remaining two foam sheets, creating a total of nine, 12" x 12" squares. Save one square for a future use.
- Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of craft glue on front of foam square. Adhere 12" x 12" paper on foam square and smooth paper with fingers. Repeat to cover all foam squares. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and will smooth out as the glue dries.)
- Beginning and ending at one lower corner, use glue gun to secure ribbon around edges of each foam square; trim excess, allowing a bit of overlap. (Hint: STYROFOAM™ brand foam is very forgiving. If the paper does not exactly meet the edges of the foam sheet, run the edge of the foam square along a tabletop, compressing the foam.)
- Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall as shown. Or, glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow