You can create a relaxing retreat in under a few hours with a foam base and some green floral design moss. Define "serene" with a green and white color scheme and give your wall a modern, peaceful look.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheet, 36" x 12" x 1" (one sheet yields 3 squares); or three 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Faux moss sheets, 14" x 14", three
- Serrated knife
- Straight pins
- Optional dental floss
- Paraffin or candle stub
- Carpenter's level
- Poster adhesive or small sawtooth hangers and nails
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White, thick craft glue
- Curly willow twigs and raffia or twine (Optional)
- If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step 2. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and cut each foam sheet into three 12" squares. Or, use dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- Cut 1" square from each corner of each faux moss sheet. Apply glue to front and sides of first foam square and press moss to glue, folding sides down. Use straight pins to hold moss in place until glue sets. Repeat to cover remaining squares.
- Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall as shown, or glue sawtooth hanger to top center back of each square and hang with small nails.
- For added interest, bundle curly willow twigs and hang above Mossy Wall Art. Add short length of raffia or twine to create illusion that Mossy Wall Art hangs from the bundled twigs.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.