All you need to make your own modern wall art are a few sheets of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam and your favorite patterned scrapbook paper. You can mix and match whatever patterns and paper designs you like, your guests will be shocked that this project was so easy!
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Three 1" x 12" x 36" sheets
- Nine 12" x 12" sheets scrapbook paper
- Ribbon, 1" x 12 yds.
- Serrated knife and old candle; or, dental floss
- Thick, white craft glue
- Straight pins (optional)
- Nine Sawtooth picture hangers
- Sharp pencil
- Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Repeat with remaining two foam sheets.
- Spread white craft glue on foam square, center 12" x 12" paper, and adhere to foam. Repeat, covering all foam squares.
- Pin or glue ribbon around edges.
- Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
- Let dry before hanging.
Looking to decorate a whole room? This modern wall art goes perfectly with these flower cubes.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.