"I Appreciate U" Wall Art
By: Elizabeth Diamond
Show someone you care with this meaningful wall home decor. You won't believe how easy it is to create "I Appreciate U" Wall Decor.
- Corrugated cardboard
- Liquitex Acrylic Paint “Dioxazine Purple”, “Cadmium Red Deep Hue”
- Golden “Violet Earth Glaze”,” Molding Paste Gel Medium”
- Ranger Distress Crackle Paint “Aged Mahogany”
- Shimmerz “Lilac”
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink “Dusty Concord”
- Staz-On Black
- Bazzill Cardstock Paper “Violet”
- Prima Fairy Flora Collection “Summer Storm”
- Cool2Cast Fiber Plaster by Tiffany Windsor
- Webster’s Pages Storytellers Letter Stickers “Holiday”
- ColorBok Chipboard Alphas
- Prima Vines
- Shipping tags
- Assortment of ribbons and beaded trim
- Find an old piece of corrugated cardboard that you can cut a 12x12 piece out of. Gently peel off the top layer from the outer edges inward to reveal the layers below. Imagine that as you peel you are shedding and releasing the thoughts, behaviors and tendencies that no longer serve you or this relationship.
- Roughly paint the cardboard making sure not to cover the entire piece. Letting the cardboard show through gives added interest and a sense of dimension.
- Roughly tear the edges and crumple a solid or patterned piece of paper to place slightly off center behind your photo. Distress your photo and place on top.
- Choose a piece of double sided patterned paper. The one shown here is “Summer Storm” by Prima Fairy Flora Collection. Cut the paper in half right at the 6-inch mark. Then free hand cut a scalloped edge lengthwise on the 12inch edge. Punch holes in each scallop if desired.
- Take your patterned paper run it under water for about 10 seconds to break down the fibers in the paper. Crumple it up into a ball, unfold and fray the edges with your finger nail. Take the Golden “Molding Paste” and generously coat the top side of the paper. Take a 10inch long wooden dowel and fold the paper over it about an inch at the top downwards to create a drape. Leave the dowel in place for structure. Once the paper is dry and molded sew onto the cardboard at the bottom and two sides. Leave the top open. It will be a pocket to hold your appreciation tags.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!