Liven up your living space with this beautiful wall art that brings the colors of your garden into your home. Flower art doesn't go out of style.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets: two 1" x 12" x 36"; one 1" x 12" X 12" sheet
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12", 7 - 10 sheets, heavier weight
- Acrylic craft paint, to coordinate with paper
- Paint brush
- Sharp pencil
- T-square, optional
- Utility knife with new blade or serrated kitchen knife and old candle
- Craft pins
- Craft sticks
- Hook & loop picture hangers
- Thick, white craft glue
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Cutting plan
- Referring to cutting plan (link to PDF above), use straight edge and pencil to mark cutting lines on 12" x 36" x 1" sheets of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam.
- Cut out pieces using a utility knife with a very sharp blade or a serrated kitchen knife; wax the knife blade with an old candle for easier cutting.
- Paint all edges, including the 12" x 12" square, with acrylic craft paint. Let dry.
- Cut scrapbook papers to fit foam pieces.
- Spread a very thin, even layer of glue on foam piece and adhere corresponding paper; if needed, secure corners with craft pins till dry. Repeat till all foam pieces are covered. Let dry. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and will smooth out as the glue dries.)
- Using low-temp glue, assemble the sculpture following the assembly diagram.
- For additional reinforcement, glue craft sticks to reverse side to connect the pieces; be sure craft sticks are not visible from the front.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow