The patterns and designs involved in this bistro piece of wall art are exquisite. Scrapbook and ribbon make it come to life. It's an easy piece to put together and makes a beautiful decorative piece.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets: three 12" x 36" x 1", or nine 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Ribbon, 1" x 12-1/3 yds.
- Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", nine sheets (heavier weight)
- Sawtooth picture hangers, nine, or poster putty
- Thick, white craft glue
- Putty knife
- Straight pins (optional)
- Optional: If using 12" x 36" x 1" foam sheets, additional supplies include ruler, pencil, serrated knife, old candle, dental floss
- If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step #2. Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across the score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Repeat for remaining two foam sheets, creating a total of nine, 12" x 12" squares.
- Use putty knife to spread craft glue on foam sheet. Adhere paper to foam sheet, smoothing with fingers. Repeat to cover all foam squares. If necessary, pin corners in place till glue dries. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and will smooth out as the glue dries.)
- Cut ribbon into nine equal lengths. Beginning and ending at one lower corner, use glue gun to secure ribbon around edges of each foam square; trim excess, allowing a bit of overlap. (Hint: STYROFOAM™ brand foam is very forgiving. If the paper square does not exactly meet the edges of the foam sheet, run the edge of the foam square along a tabletop, compressing the foam.)
- Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall as shown. Or, glue sawtooth picture hanger to back on each square. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
- Let dry before hanging.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.