Add a spot of color to your decor - or several! Various foam discs, covered in luxuriously textured papers, combine to create easy, eye-pleasing custom artwork.9 Cool
For more great wall decorating designs, check out 19 Cool Wall Art and Decor Ideas.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Discs: 12" x 1", five; 6" x 1", seven
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12" sheets: brushed silver, five; brown velvet, two
- Coordinating velvet or grosgrain ribbons, 1" wide: pale gray, 5-1/2 yds.; brown, 5 yds.
- Round cookie cutter, 2"
- Putty knife, 1"
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Liquid paper glue or stick-flat paste
- Small sawtooth hangers and nails or poster adhesive
- Trace foam discs onto appropriate papers and cut out circles.
- Use cookie cutter to cut a hole from each 6" disc, varying hole placement as desired. Trace hole onto 6" paper circles and carefully cut out.
- Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of paste onto one side of first foam disc, or apply liquid glue. Center one paper circle on pasted foam; smooth paper with fingers. Repeat to cover all foam discs. Let dry.
- Beginning and ending at bottom edge of each disc, use glue gun to secure ribbon around edges. Trim excess, allowing at least 1" overlap. Cut ribbon or paper strips to cover smaller, 2" holes in 6" discs; glue in place.
- Refer to photo as guide to position and glue five small discs to large discs; let dry flat.
- Let dry completely before hanging. Arrange in rows or at random and hang with poster adhesive. Or, glue sawtooth hangers to top center back of each large disc and two remaining small discs; dip nail ends into glue and insert into foam.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.