Enjoy the beach memories year round with this great beach theme art home decor project. The stone-texture paint creates a sand-like finish on the STYROFOAM™ brand foam.
For more great wall decorating ideas, check out 19 Cool Wall Art and Decor Ideas.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- 10" x 4" x 1" Block
- 3" x 1" Disc
- 3-1/2" x 3/4" x 1" Wreath
- Stone textured aerosol paint: Travertine Tan; White Onyx; Charcoal Sand
- Alphabet stamp set
- Black pigment ink pad
- Beach glass, blue/green/white mix, nine small pieces
- Small starfish, 1/2"-1" diameter, seven
- Preserved naturals, small amount each: sea grass; natural reindeer moss; Spanish moss
- Cardstock, white, 6" x 6"
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: Large cardboard box. Disposable gloves. Mask.
- Floral "U" pins, six
- Wire cutters
Note: Read the label thoroughly and be sure the paint you choose is foam-safe.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut 3" square from foam block.
- Place foam disc, foam wreath, 3" foam square and cardstock inside cardboard box. Work outdoors if possible, or in well-ventilated area; if desired, put on gloves and mask. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray paint foam pieces and cardstock with all three paint colors; let dry completely.
- Use black ink to stamp Dream, Escape and Relax onto painted cardstock. Cut words into 1" x 2" strips; ink edges black. To ink edges, rub ink pad along foam sides at an angle.
- Use glue gun to secure stamped pieces to wreath, square and disc. Refer to photo to glue mosses, shells, beach glass and starfish to foam shapes.
- Use wire cutters to trim floral pin ends to 1/2" length. Use trimmed pins to secure three 26" sea grass lengths to backs of foam shapes in order shown.
- Knot sea grass strands together at top and bottom of shapes and adjust placement so pieces hang evenly. Use glue gun to glue grass and pins in place at back of shapes; cover pins with bits of reindeer moss.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.