Learn how to make wall art with his quick and easy home decorating idea that can be done in minutes. Use scrapbook paper and STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam sheets to create the look of high-end, custom art.
For more great wall decorating designs, check out 19 Cool Wall Art and Decor Ideas.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Two 1" x 12" x 36" sheets
- Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", four sheets
- Ribbon, 1" x 5-1/2 yds.
- Serrated knife and old candle; or, dental floss
- Thick, white craft glue
- Straight pins (optional)
- Four Sawtooth picture hangers
- Sharp pencil
- Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Repeat with remaining foam sheet. Save two, 12" squares for another use.
- Spread white craft glue on foam square, center 12" x 12" paper, and adhere to foam. Repeat, covering all foam squares.
- Pin or glue ribbon around edges.
- Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
- Let dry before hanging.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.