If you or someone you know loves Jane Eyre, here's a special craft idea. The Jane Eyre Plaque from I Love to Create features the beloved character and some of her notable quotes. Make this craft for yourself or as a wonderful gift.
- Aleene's® Paper Glaze
- Crafty Chica® Tango Permanent Fabric Markers™
- Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters
- 25696 Goddess Gold
- Collage Pauge® Instant Decoupage
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Paper towels
- Photocopied pages from the Jane Eyre novel
- Lace trim
- Fuzzy trim
- Color copy image of Jane Eyre
- 8”x10” canvas
- Print out of quote
- Cut up the copied pages of novel text. Use Collage Pauge® and paintbrush to apply pages to canvas, covering it completely. Repeat prior step to apply the image of Jane. Let dry.
- Using the Crafty Chica® blue marker, draw an outline around the image, as well as around the border of the canvas. Before the ink dries, wipe it away with a paper towel to create a “stained” look.
- Tear away the edges of the printed quote and use the purple marker to “stain” the edges. Use Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue® to adhere quote to the canvas.
- Lay down paper towel on work surface. Place canvas on paper towel. Add swirls of Paper Glaze™ and sprinkle on Crafty Chica® glitter. Tap away excess glitter onto paper towel. Let dry.
- Use Tacky Glue® to add fuzzy and lace trims around the edges and a trim at the top for hanging.